Unlimited time, limited characters

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Unlimited time, limited characters

Postby tardy0 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:54 am

Instead of having to purchase time, have it so you have to purchase a new character. This prevents alt spamming, unless they just wanna make a large donation :lol: and will allow players to not have to worry about whether or not they're going to be in combat with an animal and then get kicked out because their play time is up. Finally, it reinforces survival, as no one's going to take their characters life so casually when they have to pay to create another.

If everyone could post their opinions on this below it would be fantastic, thank you! :)
"Once upon a time there were two noobs. One day a greifer came by and killed them both"
~The end
tardy0

Re: Unlimited time, limited characters

Postby Ronin30 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:55 am

I agree
Ronin30

Postby CTheRain » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:58 am

20 stats all maxed, unlimited time and cannot claim.
We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like.
CTheRain

Postby burgingham » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:07 am

Alt spam at the same point is prevented by in game mechanics. A free to play but limited character model just encourages people to make...alt accounts. So you achieve the opposite of what you were going for.
burgingham

Postby tardy0 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:13 am

burgingham wrote:Alt spam at the same point is prevented by in game mechanics. A free to play but limited character model just encourages people to make...alt accounts. So you achieve the opposite of what you were going for.

Maybe I wasnt clear with what I was saying?

You pay to create a new character. Click New Character >> Pay >> Play

You can still have as many characters as you want on a single account. But You'll have to purchase each individual character.

If I didn't make this clear I am sorry, otherwise I'm confused and I don't understand how making alt account would help you at all.
You can have 100+ accounts, but you'd have 0 characters on them unless you paid for 1 on a single account, and then youd have 1 character on that 1 account.
"Once upon a time there were two noobs. One day a greifer came by and killed them both"
~The end
tardy0

Postby Bodomfreak » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:25 am

This is the best idea I have heard since I've been on here and that's pushing half a day.
A lost mage
Bodomfreak

Postby RomanRichter » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:53 am

tardy0 wrote:Instead of having to purchase time, have it so you have to purchase a new character. This prevents alt spamming, unless they just wanna make a large donation :lol: and will allow players to not have to worry about whether or not they're going to be in combat with an animal and then get kicked out because their play time is up. Finally, it reinforces survival, as no one's going to take their characters life so casually when they have to pay to create another.

If everyone could post their opinions on this below it would be fantastic, thank you! :)

2 cups of tea to this gentleman!
Thanks for the game guys! Fish lovers.
Verified Account. Bronse Subscription.
RomanRichter

Postby krikke93 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:15 am

burgingham wrote:Alt spam at the same point is prevented by in game mechanics. A free to play but limited character model just encourages people to make...alt accounts. So you achieve the opposite of what you were going for.

You would still have to pay for a character per account, so it wouldn't change anything.

In general, I like this idea. It's at least much better than the current system.
Hope you have a great day
krikke93

Postby Jeff » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:12 pm

Would be really interesting, especially due to the consequences that entail from such an approach - it would also give drawbacks to risky playstyles, and that's good for the immersion.
Still, it would also mean that people wouldn't be able to test the game beforehand. I wonder if there is some way to just check for a valid credit card and give a free character for that (only the first time, of course).
"I'm just an humble farmer, after all"
Jeff

Postby Granger » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:17 pm

And it will be a great shitstorm when someone eventually decides to randomly slaughter toons.

Guys: forget it, paying per char will certainly never happen - it won't work.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas