Some tips for the devs

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Some tips for the devs

Postby laharos » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:22 am

So devs you made shop. I can understand it but I would like to give you some tips abaout your system and how to NOT LET THIS GAME DIE CAUSE GAMETIME.

1. Make slot limit for the server - > seen that very often server crashi'n maybe you should make slot limit for server and queue

2. Make stamina system like Tibia have. You want people to play in this game right? Should make stamina system like tibia have it. Example You get 1 minute of gamplay for 5 minute offline. Thats should make this game more playable than put player to choice: play or not to play cause actual system make you game dead in 2-3 weeks ( trust me i have my own game servers and i know what bad marketing can do )

3. Delete all shit from shop. Just stay on subscription 5-10$ per month. You are in alpha !!!! You want to charge people 15$ ?? Are you out of your mind ? Non one will pay 10-15$ for game in alpha development like that. 15$ you can spend for steam early acces and get full and unlimited acces FOREVER.

4. If intresting is high make another server but with current system it will be dead in next 2 weeks.

5. Trust me if u want make great game in the future don't destroy it at start. You got big intrest at this point. Shop already ruined it. If u won't think abaout it and stay on current shit you'r game will be dead. Think abaout it there is still time to fix it. Many people sayi'n they leave and they have right cause charge people 10-15$ per month in alpha stage IS WAY TO BIG. I just test some of this game and propably leave to cause I won't pay that much for this game. Can pay you max 5$ per month for unlimited gamplay.

I hope you will read that and think abaout your future. Good luck guys and i have hope you will change your mind!
laharos

Re: Some tips for the devs

Postby subie » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:28 am

People really need to stop taking this "alpha" stage so literal. They have been developing for 7 years.
And have many times the content of some random steam green light early access game.
subie

Postby psyknx » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:28 am

psyknx

Postby Shadow7168 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:29 am

People also really need to stop shitting up the other boards when there's like 2 or 3 threads in C&I. Atleast there the devs will be more likely to read what you have to say.
Potjeh wrote:They're using swords as throwing weapons now? Damn cheaters!

MagicManICT wrote:Most raiders aren't into choking another man's chicken. They can do some pretty gay shit, but that's usually the line.
Shadow7168

Postby Óðinn » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:29 am

''Make slots'' meaning a limited amount of people in the server? Why?
Óðinn

Postby laharos » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:35 am

Óðinn wrote:''Make slots'' meaning a limited amount of people in the server? Why?

If server still crashi'n maybe its a right choice to stop it ?
laharos

Postby Óðinn » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:36 am

laharos wrote:
Óðinn wrote:''Make slots'' meaning a limited amount of people in the server? Why?

If server still crashi'n maybe its a right choice to stop it ?

Technically yes, but the current thing is that the server crashes due to bugs.

You know. Untested stuff. That you paid 10-15 dollar for.
Óðinn

Postby sieffre » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:05 pm

subie wrote:People really need to stop taking this "alpha" stage so literal. They have been developing for 7 years.
And have many times the content of some random steam green light early access game.

Time spent in development doesn't really matter here. The devs are calling it alpha, it's riddled with bugs and server problems, therefore it's an alpha game.
Did that coffin just breathe?
sieffre

Return to Critique & Ideas