Cash shop ideas

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Cash shop ideas

Postby Toorimakun » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:15 pm

P2P is just not going to work... it never dose these days... even WoW is starting to lose players.

the best way to make money on a game these days is a cash shop system... so what item ideas do you guys have for Jorb and Lofter to look at to replace this P2P sub crap?

cash shops usually have:
consumables (usually unbalances the free to play player base compared to the cash shop player base... so not the best of items)
packs (holds a collection of items.. most the time only 1 or 2 of these items are actually worth any thing)
random loot (usually has a couple really sought after items and a ton of junk items)
cosmetic items (this is the best as far as not unbalancing the free to play players and the cash shop players since it effects looks only... most the time)
account boosts (extra storage, more char slots, items that reduce build time or gives better chances)

i should give an example even tho i don't know how HnH works yet... i was planning on coming over from salem since the direction salem is going is not a fun one.
Example:
rainbow hearthfire (makes your hearthfire change colors every 3 seconds)
LF> a kind, short, honest, loyal and family oriented Asian girl to marry me! <3
Toorimakun

Re: Cash shop ideas

Postby Toorimakun » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:49 pm

i see every one wants to bitch about the P2P but not help fix the problem. :/
Toorimakun

Postby Axatros » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:49 pm

No more shitty Pay2Win systems.

I agree that Pay2Play sucks but do you wanna know what happened to Sucklem(Salem)?

Please, dont you even try to persuade anybody taht Pay2Win is good.
Pixel art is and always will be better than this plastic looking Hafen you gave us here.
Axatros

Postby Toorimakun » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:43 pm

note that i said the best option is vanity/cosmetic items.... vanity items *in most games* do not effect your char at all... only makes stuff look cooler/different.
for an other example:
this game has horses... i haven't seen any yet so not sure.. but lets say all the horses by default are brown.
the cash shop could sell an item that will let you change a horse to white
and an other item could change a horse to black
and an other item could change a horse to a unicorn.

a cash shop dose not mean it has to be pay to win..... Loftar and Jorb just need ideas for stuff that people would like to use in game.

the cash shop isn't what has salem all fucked up... it is sickness, insanity/madness and other such troll things like gnomes.
and there isn't much raiding in salem... do to purity being pretty much removed.... so getting ahead isn't really winning.

most the items in the salem cash shop are vanity items... tho the best selling items are the items that make your every day life easier.
like the gardening shovel... it adds +1 to your gardening pots yield... you can get more then +1 by leveling your chars gardening skill.
these items are lootable items..

with that said the ability to buy murder in the salem shop is very bad... this skill should be some thing you have to work towards in game.
Toorimakun

Postby DeathToSuperman » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:25 pm

Toorimakun wrote:i see every one wants to bitch about the P2P but not help fix the problem. :/

You didn't even read his post, this guy is clearly trying to come up with a solution.

I for one don't want to see this game go the Salem route. If you want my honest opinion, cosmetics are acceptable, however.
DeathToSuperman

Postby Grable » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Toorimakun wrote:i see every one wants to bitch about the P2P but not help fix the problem. :/

Everyone is making MUCH better suggestions how to monetize the game left and right, but it's falling on deaf ears.
Grable

Postby DeathToSuperman » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Grable wrote:

Everyone is making MUCH better suggestions how to monetize the game left and right, but it's falling on deaf ears.

If you don't like what has transpired, you must simply want the game for free and no other way.
DeathToSuperman

Postby Toorimakun » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:17 pm

Grable wrote:Everyone is making MUCH better suggestions how to monetize the game left and right, but it's falling on deaf ears.

the only other suggestions i have seen have been to reduce the prices of the sub.... but even if the sub was 5.00 a month i don't think it would last long before a very large amount of the player base just gave up.
Toorimakun

Return to Critique & Ideas