Controversial Names / Naming

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Controversial Names / Naming

Postby mattresses » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

I lol'd.
mattresses

Postby Jackard » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:27 pm

So destroy it.
Jackard

Postby DeathToSuperman » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:43 am

czaper2 wrote:
Óðinn wrote:Cheated?

It's called a straw man argument. He's trying to divert you away from the discussion you were having into something completely irrelevant to the topic, in an attempt to win an entirely different discussion because he believes that validates his original argument better.

There's a certain irony here that's so funny it's saccharine.

I saw the Goon Client and if you saw it too, the thing was essentially a cheating client.
My point is very relevant because it reflects Jorbtar's leniency. To change that precedent would be dangerous in my mind.
DeathToSuperman

Postby bitza » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:46 am

in honor of this thread i am going to pave swastikas everywhere, and there's nothing none of you can do to stop me, because stone working is only 200 lp.

also i think this is apropos to the discussion:

Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby Óðinn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:48 am

How was it a cheating client? I mean, sorry but you are assuming we all saw it. I didn't see it so can you atleast explain before you get enraged?
Óðinn

Postby DeathToSuperman » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:09 am

Óðinn wrote:How was it a cheating client? I mean, sorry but you are assuming we all saw it. I didn't see it so can you atleast explain before you get enraged?

I am not in the least bit irritated at this.
In a nutshell, the Goon Client was a client that automated botting functions and had some other griefing tools. I have to be honest, I can't remember everything it did, but it was basically automating all major HnH functions with complex bots.
DeathToSuperman

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:12 am

Let's face it: you're just trying to give them reasons to go back to F2P, aren't you? ¦]

In that case, I FULLY SUPPORT THE OP.
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Postby AggressivelyNormal » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:44 am

Holy crap, do the bleeding hearts always come out in such force at the start of the world? Instead of naming my next village Pretend Dasio it's just going to be an incoherent racial slur.
Just for you
I'm amused by my own antics.
AggressivelyNormal

Postby DeathToSuperman » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:45 am

That was artistically vulgar, lmao
DeathToSuperman

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:13 am

czaper2 wrote:
sabinati wrote: Developers are not responsible for player behavior!

I'm not sure I agree with the very last line, about them not being responsible for it. The basic reason we were told we couldn't trade in-game items for actual money was: we didn't own the in game items, they are 100% owned by the developers.

So they probably own that sign, and ownership comes with responsibility. I don't know Swedish law, but unless there is some law regarding service providers being shielded from liability, it could be an issue. Food for thought I guess.

Seriously... Get up there and kick their little asses if that bothers you. You have the tools to take them to task for your offense. While I am not the sort that will use that sort of phrasing, nor am I the type who thinks it's anything like a good idea to have them start censoring shit. Where's it stop? No. You have an issue, you solve it, period.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas