Controversial Names / Naming

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Controversial Names / Naming

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Óðinn wrote:Actually this game is free to play. I know that, because I played the tanks counterpart (''World of Tanks'') extensively. Paying them at all is optional. And even if they did pay for anything, it's their right to complain about things.

After that, it is Wargaming's right to choose whether or not to respond to these complaints. It's as simple as that, isn't it.

f2p or p2p, they call players "customers" and have "customer support". their "customers" expect to be treated that way. read their eula.

besides, i brought it up to talk about "where to draw the line".
Tonkyhonk

Postby Óðinn » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:31 pm

Infinity seems to have caught the gist of it, although it does run a bit deeper than simply money. But yeah, I guess we'll see how it turns out. There's no real way to tell how it goes and seeing earlier responses from the devs I assume they don't really give a shit either.

Tonkyhonk wrote:
Óðinn wrote:Actually this game is free to play. I know that, because I played the tanks counterpart (''World of Tanks'') extensively. Paying them at all is optional. And even if they did pay for anything, it's their right to complain about things.

After that, it is Wargaming's right to choose whether or not to respond to these complaints. It's as simple as that, isn't it.

f2p or p2p, they call players "customers" and have "customer support". their "customers" expect to be treated that way. read their eula.

besides, i brought it up to talk about "where to draw the line".

I was translating it into HnH's world where we do not get called customers, have no customer support and we are not really treated like customers either. Even if we are technically costumers.

But yeah you raise a good point. Where to draw the line? I'd like to ask OP that.
Óðinn

Postby An_Infinity_of_War » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:34 pm

Óðinn wrote:Infinity seems to have caught the gist of it, although it does run a bit deeper than simply money. But yeah, I guess we'll see how it turns out. There's no real way to tell how it goes and seeing earlier responses from the devs I assume they don't really give a shit either.

I've known your side from the minute you posted it. I was just making it stupid simple for everyone else who does not have time to read a small novel. :D

Sadly not all of us have today off to enjoy the drama! ^.^
"No shekels for you! You must earn these shekels!" - /pol/
An_Infinity_of_War

Postby Óðinn » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:39 pm

Well, even if it seems to some that I am trying to censor people, I am not. I want free speech but with monetization comes certain negatives for the people in the game. That has to be acknowledged as well. So I am simply trying to look at the other side of it. Everyone seems to think that HnH will stay the same, but now you just need to pay.

I try to imagine for myself what will change so that I can atleast try to come up with ideas of what might happen. It does not mean I support them it simply means I am trying to think for the side that nobody else seems to admit exists. When you ask money, you are going to face people asking for things in return.

That may include good things such as updates.

It may include bad things, such as censorship to appeal to those that do not wish to find random trails named 'kill all niggers' trail. It's a possibility. However unlikely it is, it remains a possibility. Once again, not my opinion, I do not care, but it is a possibility that someone else such as the OP cares about it.

Another thing I can see happening is suggestions for the game being taken and looked at in favor of those that pay. It's only natural. If I want x to change, and a paying subscription member wants x to change, but in another way, then it's probably very likely they will change the game in favor of those that pay. Once again, it might not happen. But it is probable, since they are paying and thus contributing funds, where as I am a simple freeloader and my opinion thus decreases in value.
Óðinn

Postby Clemence » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:47 pm

Well, 1 month from now everybody will be farming behind there brickwall, nobody will see thoses signs.
Clemence

Postby Óðinn » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:57 pm

To be honest, the interesting part for me will be how many people are even playing then. I think it will be interesting to see how monetization affects the playerbase.
Óðinn

Postby DeathToSuperman » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:23 pm

Alright, so Goons blatantly cheated in HnH, without much intervention (J&L fucking revived one of their people, but no punishments), and yet you want the first real case of punishments doled out in game to be over offensive names? You are thin skinned, my friend.
DeathToSuperman

Postby Óðinn » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:06 pm

Cheated?
Óðinn

Postby czaper2 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:10 pm

Óðinn wrote:Cheated?

It's called a straw man argument. He's trying to divert you away from the discussion you were having into something completely irrelevant to the topic, in an attempt to win an entirely different discussion because he believes that validates his original argument better.
czaper2

Postby Óðinn » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:11 pm

Oh I know, I wasn't actually interested in what he was saying cause he's just being a whiny 12 year old, but I was interested to know in what he meant by people cheating.

It became clear to me that this argument wasn't an argument I and others could have in a peaceful manner when another 12 year old started yelling at me, saying he wasn't reading my posts but that I was wrong anyway. :)
Óðinn

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas