New Version

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

New Version

Postby LadyV » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:15 pm

Well I try to skip grab bag posts but this fits only here I guess.

First of all Im clicking more now to achieve things than before. Its not fun! The interface is clunky and laggy. This needs to be smoothed out,

Names of people on your kin list should be over their heads and hearthfires. Im not seeing this. Its annoying.

Having seen the new separate spawn in place...go back to allowing people to play together if they want. Or at least restore party arrows so they can find one another.

If your going to have map radar that show foragables and animals make it accurate not off by half a screen.

logs and stumps are not obstacles. I can and should be able to step over them, not be blocked like its a wall.

I like the variety of trees and plants. However they can blend together. When we click upon a plant already discovered its name should be there.

With time needed to play now there really is no free player option.
LadyV

Re: New Version

Postby An_Infinity_of_War » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:19 pm

I agree with everything you said. A lot of things need to be ironed out. I'm just not sure if we will see that every week or two weeks; and that keeps be skeptical. I just want to see what we might get every now and then to deal with this. That would dictate quite a bit for me at least.
"No shekels for you! You must earn these shekels!" - /pol/
An_Infinity_of_War

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:27 pm

LadyV wrote:First of all Im clicking more now to achieve things than before.

Do you have some example of this?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby LadyV » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:31 pm

loftar wrote:
LadyV wrote:First of all Im clicking more now to achieve things than before.

Do you have some example of this?

Sore wrists due to navigation not going exactly where I click. So i have to micro click along path to get there. And even then I get caught on obstacles. Triple clicking just to pick something because either due to lag or inaccuracy it does not register my command. Im not sure whats going on with that. I just know it exists.
LadyV

Postby rezal » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:48 pm

You forgot that the camera only works in 4 directions, nothing in-between which is annoying as hell
rezal

Postby raindrops » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:11 pm

I agree with everything posted in the topic.

Examples: I have to click on roots/string multiple times to be able to pick it up. Its easier to just pick it up from the mimimap. LOVE this option. I find it very difficult to change screen views with the wheel on the mouse, and with that there is only 4 options, I dislike that. I also LOVE the stockpile option, that is such a great thing there. Easier to find and stock certain things! Love it.

What I would really like to see are the following:
-A grid system so its easier to place things. When placing baskets (that are already made) or even a dram catcher (already made) for people like myself who are perfectionists its so hard to place them neatly. If you can turn it on and off, that would
also be fantastic.
-Be able to zoom out on the mimimap, or make the minimap bigger for the purpose of mapping areas. Right now its stuck at the one size.
-Toggling items such as trees, houses, rocks, etc...
-Belief system from old haven, loved it. It made is possible so that your character cannot be good at everything, requiring alts. I guess that could get in the way of game time. Maybe you could have 1 alt that could have the same game time if you have a subscription. This could help prevent 1 character from dominating everything because it could happen.
-A system to prevent griefing, something that cannot be broken ever, however small, to store your most valuable items that you can inherit. It sucks that you pay to play a game, work so very hard, get far and then some guy wipes you out because he is so powerful and you literally just spent months of playing for nothing.

Some of the functions they had in enders client. You could make these for your client or someone down the road might make their own client, but if you incorporate these into the real, original client there is no need for other clients. You want your product to the best.
raindrops
Under curfew

Postby RainbowMoostache » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:17 pm

While these posts have already taken the word out of my mouth, I'd like to be able to control my character with WASD since it's a open 3D world now.
RainbowMoostache

Postby TacoboyRocks » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:48 pm

raindrops wrote:
What I would really like to see are the following:
-A grid system so its easier to place things. When placing baskets (that are already made) or even a dram catcher (already made) for people like myself who are perfectionists its so hard to place them neatly. If you can turn it on and off, that would
also be fantastic.

You can. Just hold CTRL when placing down buildings. It will let you place it wherever you want.

EDIT: Never mind what I wrote. I thought when you were first building it not when it was already made. Sorry.
Last edited by TacoboyRocks on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TacoboyRocks

Postby ErdTod » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:59 pm

Also, whe camera is sticked to the 4 directions? Wht I can't freely rotate it? (Though, I'd like a button that sets it to north at the top position.)
ErdTod

Postby Denkar » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:06 pm

I agree with everything! except party arrows. Also, please let us set the camera to the north, so it's the same direction as the minimap.
Denkar

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas