Can hafen support old OpenGL?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Can hafen support old OpenGL?

Postby Marx » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Hello. Many of us played in H&H on old notebooks few years and all was just great. Update to hafen and necessary use of openGL 2.0 and higher is big problem for me. I can't run it on my intel 945m video. I saw other people posts, about error but they don't get that they video is to old to hafen ( :cry: ), and they maybe think this would be fixed. I don't see the reason why hafen should use openGL 2.0. Can we, users of old videocards, have ability to run hafen in openGL 1.4 mode? Is it hard to implement?
My error:
PS later I emulated suport of Opengl 3.0 with custom linux drivers wich just trow away all unsupported stuff and it runs and work. But with 1-3 fps :cry: . So I can make assumption: this is not so hard to develop some flag ("javaws autohaven -oldVideo" or something like that) wich cuts all unsupported stuff.
Marx

Re: Can hafen support old OpenGL?

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:47 pm

Marx wrote:Is it hard to implement?

It is fairly hard to support both modes at once, yes. There are quite a lot of things that can't be done in any common way for both.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Re: Can hafen support old OpenGL?

Postby Marx » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:49 pm

loftar wrote:
Marx wrote:Is it hard to implement?

It is fairly hard to support both modes at once, yes. There are quite a lot of things that can't be done in any common way for both.

That's pity. Thanks for answer.
Marx

Return to Critique & Ideas