Players are disposable mentality - the true culprit

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Players are disposable mentality - the true culprit

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:20 am

slipper wrote:Players' opinions are pretty much worthless here.

Considering it is just a game...
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:36 am

I still think it's a joke. Jorb and Loftar are too smart to make a decision so blatantly stupid on so many levels. It just doesn't add up...
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby DeathToSuperman » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:38 am

The main audience for a game has a worthless opinion of said subject. Sound logic.
DeathToSuperman

Postby Darruin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:50 am

Danno wrote:
Denkar wrote:what a shitty thread, long ass novel just to tell them that they should make the game cheaper. get a job you bum

I have a job and I spend $100-200 a month on video games. Games that are worth paying money for, that is. You are an idiot.

You spend $200 a MONTH on video games? So $2400 a year, on VIDEO GAMES? Well it's no wonder you're upset at all the money flowing out of your wallet. Exercise some self-control and learn the value of money please. Maybe then you'd have some more disposable income for the really good things such as Hafen.

-1 to whining thread, I'm more than willing to pay the current price.
Darruin

Postby Danno » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:10 pm

Kubius wrote:You raise a very good point with the playtime limit - however, there's a consideration for leaving a playtime limit. Playtime limits help to ward off bots - the bot can play as long as it wants, but you can't. (And if you can, that's what subscription is for.)

The bot situation is tricky and I hope they didn't think this would solve it. If anything, we'll only see an increase in bots and alts since players have a time limit to do what they want to accomplish. My belief is that the best way to remove bots is to make them obsolete - make the game so fun people wouldn't even think of using bots, make the gains so negligible that it's not worth the strain on your computer to run a botting program and extra H&H client. The problem is that as it is, Haven is designed specifically to be played by bots. It's all about numbers and systematic tasks, there's little human thought required to play. That's why I say it's a great game when you're playing with friends and stimulating your mind a bit with conversations and drama, but the game has very limited appeal on its own.
Of course, this is a very controversial opinion and I don't expect many to agree with me. Either way, I think we're still going to have bots, but I'm guessing worse with the current system.

True, but they've crossed a line this time. Hopefully they're listening this time since it could have a very significant impact on their game.

Darruin wrote:You spend $200 a MONTH on video games? So $2400 a year, on VIDEO GAMES? Well it's no wonder you're upset at all the money flowing out of your wallet. Exercise some self-control and learn the value of money please. Maybe then you'd have some more disposable income for the really good things such as Hafen.

-1 to whining thread, I'm more than willing to pay the current price.

A little reckless, I know, but I have no regrets. I was playing free MMOs for a good few years and finally decided to catch up on all the good Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, and PS3 games I've missed out on. In the past year and a half, I bought approximately 130 (mixture of new and used) retail games, plus 1 or 2 dozen digital games. I think I almost have all the ones I want, so now I've just got an enormous backlog that'll last me years.

I paid for games that have better graphics, more interaction, more strategy, actual gameplay, good storylines, iconic characters, etc. If you think Haven beats all that just because it's Haven, you're silly and have probably not enjoyed a lot of great games. I could afford $6/mo on Haven (with its yearly subscription plan). I choose not to because there are dozens of games that are more enjoyable and fulfilling, and they don't make me feel frustrated or as if I'm just wasting my time.
It was bad enough committing all my time to Haven in the past (something my friends couldn't handle, so they quit). Now I have to commit my money if I want a decent subscription rate? No thanks. I'd rather spend that $6 a month on something fun. Haven has its place in my heart, but it doesn't stand a chance against well designed games in its current form.
RIP
Danno

Postby Ants » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:46 pm

DeathToSuperman wrote:

The main audience for a game has a worthless opinion of said subject. Sound logic.

I think he meant to say that the devs don't care about player opinion, therefore complaining is worthless. I want to believe we're making some impact, though.

Darruin wrote:-1 to whining thread, I'm more than willing to pay the current price.

You wouldn't feel cheated if you paid the current price? Aren't you afraid that the game might turn into a ghost town or die altogether because no one wants to play? That's the main reason I ain't paying. This game had a ton of players from countries that aren't particularly wealthy like Russia and Ukraine, a lot of those people will probably leave. That and the fact that, well, fifteen dollars a month is what big stable games like EVE online charge. If the game shuts down permanently due to crappy management from the devs, you'll have wasted your 15 dollars.

Jesus_Smith_Nandez wrote:I posted a thread similar to this in the Inn and it got deleted very quickly, not even sent to hel. I warn you that Jorbtar never seems to take well to long and well-worded arguments explaining why he's wrong.

Maybe it was deleted because it was in the inn rather than in the criticism forum?
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby burgingham » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:37 pm

I am amazed people still keep using 15$...it is 10$

Not that anyone here listens to anything not suiting their opinion so I will stay out of the rest of the discussion, but the 10$ are just a fact...
burgingham

Postby Ants » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:51 pm

burgingham wrote:I am amazed people still keep using 15$...it is 10$

Not that anyone here listens to anything not suiting their opinion so I will stay out of the rest of the discussion, but the 10$ are just a fact...

Jorb and Loftar need to make that clear on the store page. As things are, that whole page is confusing. See first paragraph of OP's post.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby burgingham » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:55 pm

Coming with the next update.
burgingham

Postby trickdaemon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:12 pm

Jesus_Smith_Nandez wrote:I still think it's a joke. Jorb and Loftar are too smart to make a decision so blatantly stupid on so many levels. It just doesn't add up...

Greed gets to the best of us
trickdaemon

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas