IDEA: worm/bait-bags.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

IDEA: worm/bait-bags.

Postby Óðinn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:41 am

Okay, so remember how we had seedbags and now we have buckets with seeds?

I figured while fishing 'whats keeping me from just holding a handful of worms? What's making me hold 1 worm in the exact same 'space' as one axe? Surely an axe is larger and heftier? Why can I not put them in a bag, or a bucket, or a tin-can? I think this would be useful for early characters. Perhaps make it a bucket (for ease) or just a small bag made with unrefined hides? And it won't really impede anything, just make carrying fishing equipment easier. Because after all ultimately if I have 10 slots of worms, and 3 or so slots of equipment (say you wanna butcher them on the spot and cook them or w/e) then I will still end up with 10 fish, and the 3 equipment will stay in place.

Thoughts?
Óðinn

Re: IDEA: worm/bait-bags.

Postby Redlaw » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:59 am

I support that and a fishing hat to store extra hooks, string, ect...
Redlaw

Postby Óðinn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:03 am

Overall, anything that makes fishing easier would be a blessing. Fishing is such a underused skill. It's like catching rabbits, but worse, because with rabbits atleast you can get some fur. :/
Óðinn

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:05 am

Óðinn wrote:Overall, anything that makes fishing easier would be a blessing. Fishing is such a underused skill. It's like catching rabbits, but worse, because with rabbits atleast you can get some fur. :/

Fishing is actually pretty good. With a bit of time you can quintuple or more your lp investment through discoveries alone, while getting a bunch of int food.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Óðinn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:07 am

Audiosmurf wrote:
Óðinn wrote:Overall, anything that makes fishing easier would be a blessing. Fishing is such a underused skill. It's like catching rabbits, but worse, because with rabbits atleast you can get some fur. :/

Fishing is actually pretty good. With a bit of time you can quintuple or more your lp investment through discoveries alone, while getting a bunch of int food.

At the start, yes. But I feel it needs a place in midgame too. Once you get access to the better foods, there's no real need to fish. Because any recipe with fish, is ultimately easier to do without fish.
Óðinn

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:09 am

Óðinn wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:

At the start, yes. But I feel it needs a place in midgame too. Once you get access to the better foods, there's no real need to fish. Because any recipe with fish, is ultimately easier to do without fish.

It's hard to say, at the moment. Loftar said that there is a different version of fishing that's more active and produces quicker results (I believe,) and when access to that is gained fishing might be a more appealing prospect for someone who already has all the discoveries.

Edit: I forgot to mention I do think your idea is actually really solid. A little bait bucket you could throw worms in would be excellent.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Serinitus » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:32 am

"chum bucket" or a "bucket o' worms" basically filling a bucket with dirt allows worms to be stored in it.......or something like that (have it take up one of your hands)
Serinitus

Postby Orcling » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:25 am

Or just a regular bait bucket?
Restricting it to worms only seems kinda silly. Especially since worms are (at least for me) the hardest-to-get bait.
Orcling

Return to Critique & Ideas