Meaningful critiques on game issues(excluding payment)

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Meaningful critiques on game issues(excluding payment)

Postby overtyped » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:51 am

Here is bob dole's critique on the most glaring issues

-Palisades are cheap it's very easy for someone to just palisade someones doors closed, palisades are breakable, but if you have little water, then you are basically screwed. maybe later on when players have high strength it will be a non issue, but for now you can essentially end someone by doing that, and for very little investment.
-Combat system. The defensive maneuver's cost nearly as much as attacking, and doesn't last long. Considering there are multiple attack options, defending in pvp is going to be about as useful as a blind racehorse.
-Hills and cliffs are more of an annoyance than anything else, their only purpose seems to be to force you to swap camera angles in some cases, just to keep moving. They don't deter you in any meaningful way, since you can superman leap over them
-Rotating camera: It is a thing and exists. Give the camera a quick easy option to reset back to north facing, so that it's possible to tell which direction you are going.
-Names: Why do names over a characters head dissapear after a second? Pvp is going to be fun not knowing who you are attacking amiright?
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Re: Meaningful critiques on game issues(excluding payment)

Postby Ragnar214 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:21 pm

Ya hills and cliffs it would be nice if people jump off huge cliffs they could break a leg or die. So we can use canyons and wall them off. Would be cool too if someone has a rope they can climb down the cliff, or a climbing skill/ability to scale cliffs. Maybe even grappling hooks to scale walls? Not sure how that would work tho
Ragnar214

Postby simimi » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:41 pm

overtyped wrote:-Names: Why do names over a characters head dissapear after a second? Pvp is going to be fun not knowing who you are attacking amiright?

I suppose its for realism, as whe all have the same face and body, how could you know who is who after a few minutes ? ¦]
simimi

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:45 pm

simimi wrote:
overtyped wrote:-Names: Why do names over a characters head dissapear after a second? Pvp is going to be fun not knowing who you are attacking amiright?

I suppose its for realism, as whe all have the same face and body, how could you know who is who after a few minutes ? ¦]

Na, it's just annoying. =/
TeckXKnight

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:18 am

We need a toggle for the name thing.

Cliffs I suspect are not yet developed, mechanics for climbing.

Palisades are fixed-ish?
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:05 am

Rather than spawning people in bunches, it might have been a good idea to make spawning completely random.
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Postby Sevenless » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:03 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:We need a toggle for the name thing.

Cliffs I suspect are not yet developed, mechanics for climbing.

Palisades are fixed-ish?

I kinda think it's intentional. They tried having climbing mechanics in salem and it was brutally unfun.

Even if it's aesthetic only I'm fine with leaving them that way. But they're quite important for hunting from what I've heard.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby epicless » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:19 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:Cliffs I suspect are not yet developed, mechanics for climbing.

But it's both funny and convenient! Working as intended, I hope. :lol:
Haven and Hearth News, Tutorials and the Stories of My Humble Journey
Epicless' Blog | Epicless' Youtube Channel
epicless

Return to Critique & Ideas