An idea for a way for players to meet up

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

An idea for a way for players to meet up

Postby kris_hole » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:29 pm

Right, I understand the reasons this wasn't carried over was to stop the masses of alt accounts,

So here's what i was thinking would work, perhaps have it so verified players have teleport tokens or something, whereby only X amount of new players can teleport to that player ever.

So for instance, if it were 1 or 2, players would need to be verified anyway (perhaps a perk of that for when legacy haven eventually dies?) and then their 2 friends could spawn at their hearthfire and no more players could ever spawn there ever again? Apart from inheritance ofc.

This way it ensures that its dedicated players that are setting up villages and stops the issue of everybody having a key alt, smithing alt, farmer alt, etc etc.

inB4: fuk u p2p is returded
kris_hole

Re: An idea for a way for players to meet up

Postby burgingham » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:32 pm

Party arrows will very likely make a comeback. Those are going to solve the problem just fine.
burgingham

Re: An idea for a way for players to meet up

Postby kris_hole » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:36 pm

True, although it seems a bit harsh IMO for players to have to grind up for boatmaking. I have a few friends that would play with me but i know a few of them won't take too kindly to the learning curve on their own.

Perhaps a system that spawns you randomly within their supergrid?
kris_hole

Return to Critique & Ideas