Make subscription tokens as expensive as montly subscription

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Make subscription tokens as expensive as montly subscription

Postby Antioch » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:31 am

Making subscription tokens the same price as regular subscription is in your best interest as developer.

Why?

People buying subscription tokens and others buying them ingame is something you should encourage, not discourage by making it a more expensive option.

People willing to spend money for other people's subscription is the best fucking thing that can happen to you as dev.

Thank me later.
Antioch

Re: Make subscription tokens as expensive as montly subscrip

Postby yozzik » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:40 am

Tokens will become a currency (pretty valuable) or a way to add ingame time for raiders. This may affect the ingame economics. They have to be more expensive as they have another ways to use.
Severin, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Yozz, grandson of Yozzik.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik

Postby Antioch » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:03 am

yozzik wrote:Tokens will become a currency (pretty valuable) or a way to add ingame time for raiders. This may affect the ingame economics. They have to be more expensive as they have another ways to use.

You are thinking the wrong way around, them being tradable/lootable is exactly the reason why buying them should be encouraged. It is DESRIABLE from both a developer and player that more tokens are brought into the game.

People selling tokens for ingame valuables is exactly what you want to happen, do not discourage it by making it an overall more expensive option of subscription.
Antioch

Postby yozzik » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:04 am

Antioch wrote:
yozzik wrote:Tokens will become a currency (pretty valuable) or a way to add ingame time for raiders. This may affect the ingame economics. They have to be more expensive as they have another ways to use.

You are thinking the wrong way around, them being tradable/lootable is exactly the reason why buying them should be encouraged. It is DESRIABLE from both a developer and player that more tokens are brought into the game.

People selling tokens for ingame valuables is exactly what you want to happen, do not discourage it by making it an overall more expensive option of subscription.

I feel i don't like you, that means you're right. You win. Now bring devs here, they should see it. :3
Severin, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Yozz, grandson of Yozzik.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik

Postby burgingham » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:05 am

I question your assumption that it is desirable to bring tokens into the in game economy. For me that is the only flaw of the cash shop.
burgingham

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:53 pm

burgingham wrote:I question your assumption that it is desirable to bring tokens into the in game economy. For me that is the only flaw of the cash shop.

Totally agreed Burgingham, I'd see the removal of tradable in game tokens as a currency.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Danno » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:30 pm

I don't understand the purpose of the $15 game token. Who in their right mind would buy one? Possible thought processes:

a) "I subscribed for a year and I'm paying $6/mo, but my friend can't afford that. I know, I'll buy him game tokens every month so he can play for $15/mo! I can't wait to get all my friends hooked on this game!"

b) "I guess the devs need to make a living, too. $15 for 720 hours of game time is pretty good compared to other games."

c) "I better buy one just in case. I know, I'll put it in a wicker basket inside my house and hope nobody takes it! Surely nobody in H&H would be so immoral as to steal $15 from me if given the opportunity."
RIP
Danno

Postby burgingham » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:49 pm

So you don't understand its purpose yet can list 3 good reasons why it is there? Well 2...
burgingham

Postby Redlaw » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:51 pm

I am ok with them being a form of currency, I would happly trade a bunc of pearls or something for extra game time.
Redlaw

Return to Critique & Ideas