Wretched gore

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Wretched gore

Postby pimotimo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:37 pm

Whats the point on having a wound u can't heal? (right now). Couldnt you guys change this wound to smth that we could heal? Its kinda frustrating to have 69 wretched gore (that number tho), I know the game is supposed to be hardcore (and thats why I like it) but I find having no treatment for this wound is a bit too much
pimotimo

Re: Wretched gore

Postby Procne » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:39 pm

At least you're still alive. For now
Procne

Postby VDZ » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:43 pm

Procne wrote:At least you're still alive. For now

Then the devs suddenly implement both the complete function of Wretched Gore and its cure at the same time, and suddenly your character dies while you're offline. ¦]
VDZ

Postby Phizuol » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:52 pm

You can't be an adventurer once you've taken an arrow in the knee.
Phizuol

Postby Sevenless » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:05 pm

Y'know, I'm gonna go out on a limb here. You realize that there's rare medicinal cures in game right? Rootfill is an example.

It's possible the cure is super rare and jorb just hasn't mentioned it exists to troll everyone.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby jorb » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:12 pm

What's the point of there being permanent death in game? There's no treatment for that either.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:08 pm

Sevenless wrote:Y'know, I'm gonna go out on a limb here. You realize that there's rare medicinal cures in game right? Rootfill is an example.

It's possible the cure is super rare and jorb just hasn't mentioned it exists to troll everyone.

Can Confirm that Root Fill doesn't cure Wretched Gore, I was hoping it would at least downgrade it to 'managable'
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby pimotimo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:26 pm

jorb wrote:What's the point of there being permanent death in game? There's no treatment for that either.

ye, but we all know that, but having this kind of wound is like being dead. So, could u atleast confirm if this type of wound can be healed (or will be)? thanks:)
Last edited by pimotimo on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pimotimo

Postby Sevenless » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:43 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Y'know, I'm gonna go out on a limb here. You realize that there's rare medicinal cures in game right? Rootfill is an example.

Can Confirm that Root Fill doesn't cure Wretched Gore, I was hoping it would at least downgrade it to 'managable'

Oh sorry, I certainly didn't mean to say rootfill fixes gore. Just that something else similarly obscure may.

As to jorb's comment:

If you survive a wounding event, it seems sporting that you should be able to lessen its severity. It doesn't feel like a fair game mechanic to be crippled by surviving an event (to the point that suicide is a viable option), even if it's realistic. Opens up a nice opportunity for scarring though.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby jorb » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:51 pm

Sevenless wrote:If you survive a wounding event, it seems sporting that you should be able to lessen its severity. It doesn't feel like a fair game mechanic to be crippled by surviving an event (to the point that suicide is a viable option), even if it's realistic. Opens up a nice opportunity for scarring though.

"If you die, it seems sporting that you should retain some of the things you lost upon death..."

I agree that the wound should not be inert, and that will change at some point. I am, however, in no rush to simply reintroduce the old regime where HHP loss was something to be simply scoffed at, which we are perilously close to at present.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas