Wretched gore

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Wretched gore

Postby mamotromico » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:34 pm

Hervarth wrote:Thats because you're smart enough to respect animals and wear armor?

Well, I'm usually careful, but as far as I know, two nettle shirts and two nettle pants don't really count as armor.
mamotromico

Postby fuinharlz » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:31 am

so, by everything i've read so far... my character is as good as dead right now, with only 25 total HP left and a HUGE black bar after that, everything because I was wandering arround the world trying to find a hollow log, a guy with a sword attacked me, and I got 40 wretched gore. And as I'm not the "super heaven and heart player" as some ppl, it took me 1 - 2 weeks to get where I am now (total shit, with 10 exploration, 10 survival, 6 MM, everything else at 1), and the best option is "just start over"... ok, I think I just got to the point where I'll try to play, get mad and leave seconds later because I can't evolve!
fuinharlz

Postby Granger » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:19 am

So whining, put all LP you have into a claim at a good location, kill the toon, start a new one. The world is young and you learned from your mistakes, next iteration will work better and smoother.. .

rinse and repeat ;)
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby fuinharlz » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:37 am

Granger wrote:The world is young and you learned from your mistakes, next iteration will work better and smoother.. .

Yeap, I learnt that with a "non-treatable" wound, ppl can just "kill" other characters without actually murdering em. Just make so they get to less than 20 hhp with wretched gore and this character is as good as dead, and u'll not leave murder scents.
fuinharlz

Postby Locktar » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:42 pm

I can imagine having a wound that you won't be able to heal from a sword, but bites from bats or rats? Jorbtar, if you want to make this thing realistic, then make a bar to which some animals can do damage
Locktar

Postby Fostik » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:48 pm

jorb wrote:What's the point of there being permanent death in game? There's no treatment for that either.

Lofie, that is stupid. If i play more than others, if i fight more than others, why sould i must be weaker than one who sit in 4 walls and eating pies & cheeses?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Clemence » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:56 pm

When you die you are in mourning for a day then optimism lead you to begin again fresh.
Who would play a game with an eternal mourning ?
What the point, are you sadistic ?
Clemence

Postby Locktar » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:15 pm

Was going to buy a subscription. Now I will reconsider this.
Half-dead from a bat - I find this ridiculous. Even ants could do some damage, there are poisonous ants out there, but never heard of a single person that had been left disabled after a bat attack.The damn cave was under claim, and we've had loads of structures down there, damn it. Would the bat still stay there under such disruptions?

And yes, I've got a butthurt.
Locktar

Postby fuinharlz » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:50 pm

I still think wretched gore should be hard to be inflicted. Fisrt because it's not a low damage to hhp, it's a high damage! Most of the time getting a wretched gore is the same as getting murdered without getting murdered, or spending LOTS of feps on cons to overcome this! Secondly because it's almost an advantage for murderes who don't want to leave long lasting scents. They don't need to actually murder someone, just give them a really harsh wretched gore, and their job is done without leaving murdering scents at the scene, because the player they attacked will most probably suicide.
fuinharlz

Postby Sever » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:37 pm

Live, can heal: you had to play with low health but kept your progress.
Live, never heal: your character is crippled but you may gain con and "recover".
Suicide, never heal: you lose progress but regain your full potential.
Suicide, can heal: you'll just feel bad.

In all cases you can, of course, still be injured again. The only other aspects to this are really how developed your character is and exactly how much permanent damage you've taken. You have to balance those out for yourself.

All in all, unless you've got a ton of some stat or skill, or your hhp isn't too bad, suicide. Load off your mind, if nothing else.
Come back two hours earlier.
Sever

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas