Farming Batches

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Farming Batches

Postby rye130 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:46 am

Paging jorb or loftar on information regarding the viability of implementing a system like this. Or really any sort of feedback on idea and/or reasoning behind the current farming system implementation so that we can find some sort of compromise to better fit the needs of the players with the way farming is set up!
rye130

Postby MurderAlt » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Yes, that is basically exactly what I meant. Separating the crops by a short distance (such as with a tile of paving in between) would cause it to be part of a different "batch" of crops. Each batch would receive its own unique quality gains or loses.

Basically the same system we have right now, but more easy to separate batches instead of having to go 3 minimaps away or whatever arbitrary bullshit it currently is.

This is a great idea, farming is more of a pain now than it ever was but this would go a long way to fix it.
Hustlinguistics
Oddgorod Kill Squad

"Beware of such friendly neighbors"
MurderAlt

Postby Redkat » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:14 pm

LadyV wrote:I have farmed as a hermit and at large village level. I much prefer sorting than what we have now. Batches my be a slightly better option but I still prefer being able to influence my crops through selective harvest.

Agrees.
Redkat

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:18 pm

Potjeh wrote:Yeah, sorting seeds was terrible, but what we have now is even worse.

I feel some viable suggestions were produced the last time this came up. But it co-incided with a lot of server instability so I don't think they had any time to work on an improvement to the system.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Clemence » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Discar the randomness : each generation = +3q, problem solved.
Clemence

Postby Shiala » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:24 am

Not sure if I'm weird or what but I much prefer this system to the old one. I hated sorting with a passion. I used to spend hours doing nothing but cycle crops. Needing a special house full of cupboards just to sort seeds was stupid. You couldn't pay me to go back to that. I honestly haven't found quality gains to be a problem for me so far. Every harvest has gone up in quality. Sure you can get a bad run but it's not hard to have spares in case that happens.

Are you able to power grind quality like you used to? No, but did it ever occur to anyone that it was never intended to be like it was and that this is more the pace they had in mind? Personally, I hope it stays like this and sorting never returns. I don't mind the slower progress on quality either. What's the rush? First with carrots with quality in the thousands wins?
Shiala

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas