Scholar's Garb (Study Expansion Equipment)

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Scholar's Garb (Study Expansion Equipment)

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:32 pm

Because it promotes passive gameplay of grinding LP. You won't see a fighter wearing this stuff if he's actively hunting or playing the game. He would greatly enjoy those equipment slots.

All it speaks to is that there isn't a lot of useful gear besides armor/tools.
DDDsDD999

Postby Sevenless » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:59 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Because it promotes passive gameplay of grinding LP. You won't see a fighter wearing this stuff if he's actively hunting or playing the game. He would greatly enjoy those equipment slots.

All it speaks to is that there isn't a lot of useful gear besides armor/tools.

It doesn't promote passive play anymore than the curio system itself. Crafters also don't have any utility for slots that warriors do. And anytime competing gear gets made for said slots, usually the warriors get grumpy about changing outfits constantly for different tasks.

I don't think either of those issues are to do with this suggestion, but rather the overall equipment buff system. With the way jorb is talking, I'm wondering if we're going to be getting a talisman system at some point.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Darruin » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:10 am

I don't think they want to go down this path since they introduced the exp system.
Darruin

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:16 am

Darruin wrote:I don't think they want to go down this path since they introduced the exp system.

Actually the XP system makes this idea more viable, not less. You'd be consuming XP faster since you're using more mentory items. It balances out, as much as the XP system makes a difference. (I don't know if anyone agrees that it feels largely pointless and accomplishes basically nothing that I can tell.)
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas