Aggro range or hearth timer needs to be increased

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Aggro range or hearth timer needs to be increased

Postby Avu » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:28 pm

You don't get it the ones complain exactly peaceful farmers they want to target.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Apillion » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:40 pm

Please do not do this ... this guys have been playing for years give the new guys a chance to

Besides if its someone that can fight then they will not hearth let the fighters fight let the lovers love
Apillion

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:13 pm

Avu wrote:You don't get it the ones complain exactly peaceful farmers they want to target.

Gankers can go cry all they want that they can't kill every sprucecap who enters minimap for all I care.

Unless the game significantly adds a cost for random murder, like an intensely not trivial one, hermits and farmers should not be forced to die just because a pvper pops up on the minimap. If we were talking equipment, like lets say you would never randomly murder because of the cost, then we could talk a different system. Someone catches me and robs me? That's one thing. But every damn time someone gets robbed in this game the ganker will murder them to ensure they can't hurt them back.

In the current system you should not be forced to fight. It is far too cheap to murder randomly.

Edit: Yes, I realize this makes real pvp frustrating. But under the current system this balance is needed to keep the locusts from destroying the non-pvp population.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby bmjclark » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:44 pm

So since so many are agreed that pvp shouldn't happen, can we delete the moot forum? Or perhaps just change the details to "Forum for discussing the deaths of noobs without custom clients and bug raids", because those are the only things we're going to see in there.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:47 pm

bmjclark wrote:So since so many are agreed that pvp shouldn't happen, can we delete the moot forum? Or perhaps just rename it to "Bug raids, and noobs who haven't found the auto hearth button"

the moot is not only about pvp though. besides, you wouldnt auto-hearth yourself, correct?
Tonkyhonk

Postby bmjclark » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:48 pm

I most definitely will auto hearth if i'm ever out by myself or foraging on one of my alts. I'd be stupid not to.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:50 pm

bmjclark wrote:I most definitely will auto hearth if i'm ever out by myself or foraging on one of my alts. I'd be stupid not to.

then it is your problem that you wouldnt want to pvp with those who would, i think.
Tonkyhonk

Postby bmjclark » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:54 pm

The point is, i will abuse auto hearth to keep my character safe in any situation i'd be vulnerable and roll around in groups and kill people (if i can find the circumstances to) when i'm not vulnerable. Free from punishment because i'll leave my character in a base that can't be raided because rams are still a bad mechanic.
bmjclark

Postby Endora » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:56 pm

Stick a captcha on hearthing, like "select all the spaghetti's to prove you're not a robot." No more autohearth..duh.
Endora

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:35 pm

Sevenless wrote:Unless the game significantly adds a cost for random murder, like an intensely not trivial one,

There can be, there should be.

It's up to the community to provide it, to create the force that deals with situations like these and makes them seem like a bad idea.

People seem to forget that HnH is intended to see the growth of communities and civilization, and one of the backbones of civilization is law. But law is not a real thing, it is a perceptual thing from the culture that creates it.

You want safety and justice? Be the Peacekeeper and Consequence you want to see in the world.

THAT'S the key to this, not game mechanics... Social ones.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas