Aggro range or hearth timer needs to be increased

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Aggro range or hearth timer needs to be increased

Postby rye130 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:55 am

jorb wrote:Well, Coles, I'm not sure the solution is to make it impossible to ever escape either, though.

Hearthing isn't the way that escaping is a fun/interesting mechanic.
rye130

Postby Vigilance » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:56 am

jorb wrote:Well, Coles, I'm not sure the solution is to make it impossible to ever escape either, though.

the issue is that we're dancing a pretty stupidly fine line

i was honestly fine with how it was before auto hearth, its possible to intercept someone still but you've got to be 100% on your toes and hope they're not on theirs, but its shit that most of the time you cant fucking catch someone before they poof off behind their walls that you cant ram because the farmer turned all the wax in to fiddles

i think aggro range is pretty silly short, though, tbh.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby shubla » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:58 am

Most people commenting this thread are the ones that kill everyone else. Jorb. Dont listen to them. The peaceful ones dont use forums that much so their point of view cant be seen.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jorb » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:59 am

rye130 wrote:Hearthing isn't the way that escaping is a fun/interesting mechanic.

Is autoaggro into autodeath by gankers a fun/interesting mechanic? For a select clientele, I'm sure.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby sabinati » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:00 am

i, for one, welcome our new auto-aggro overlords
sabinati

Postby jordancoles » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:00 am

jorb wrote:
rye130 wrote:Hearthing isn't the way that escaping is a fun/interesting mechanic.

Is autoaggro into autodeath by gankers a fun/interesting mechanic? For a select clientele, I'm sure.

Keep the agro range, auto agro from anywhere on the screen was bad, the agro distance is fine but the hearth timer either needs to be at least 5 seconds longer or the range has to go up by 5-10 tiles

You need time to react otherwise no one will be murdered :'(

Also, for auto-death the gankers would be within agro range already otherwise you'd just hearth home (sun)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby rye130 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:02 am

jorb wrote:

Autoaggro isn't autodeath. You can run away/outmaneuver them. If you think the attacker has too much power/advantage in the situation, make interesting defensive ways to escape combat and lose your attacker. Don't make the combat encounter never happen because a character magically poofs away.
rye130

Postby rye130 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:07 am

Let me drop caltrops as I'm fleeing that slows down anything (animal or person) who steps on them for a short period of time.
rye130

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:07 am

Vigilance wrote:you cant ram because the farmer turned all the wax in to fiddles

soooo cute <3

on topic, auto-hearth is as gay as auto-aggro. players who set this refuse to interact with other players, but then again, in the end, the players who refuse to set auto-hearth will be the majority of the victims. i would love to see some kind of a new feature that makes it harder for players to attack random players around if possible, which, hopefully, also makes it somewhat easier to attack the criminals with scents or something.
Tonkyhonk

Postby Vigilance » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:09 am

rye130 wrote:Let me drop frogs directly behind me only, so I may delay my enemy in a chase.

ftfy
Tonkyhonk wrote:soooo cute <3

:oops:
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas