Animal Level Suggestion

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Animal Level Suggestion

Postby CaptainMidget » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:05 am

So, I did a quick search and if this has been suggested already, then delete this.

I'd like to see a system implemented for scaling animals damage, health and attack speed to their current Essence, Substance and Vitality instead of the Hitpoints = Level x 20.. It would be a nice little addition and make hunting, especially by melee combat for challenging, rewarding and a bit more random. It's pretty basic as it is, pop a defensive, attack, anything but boar/deer/bear are did, if not, attack once more, etc.. its boring, repetitive and offers no challenge. Its crap. What if you are up against a boar that has more health and attacks faster then usual? You'd have to adapt to its combat.

This will make Haven a bit more dangerous and funner, especially with the un-healable wounds.

What do you think?
CaptainMidget

Re: Animal Level Suggestion

Postby bojackson » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:02 pm

I like it, the boars tusk romp gets me once and a while and freaks me out a bit. Would be nice to see them have a few more moves as well.
Ohhh that's how I make a sig, cool
bojackson

Postby Sarge » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:07 pm

It used to be like this, pretty much, OP. It got removed because 'animal levels are stupid'. I am still not convinced that was a great decision. At least now we have varying qualities again for the same species, it's a step back in the right direction if you ask me.
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby venatorvenator » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:00 am

I was going to suggest almost same thing today. I agree that animals should have their ua, armor, and HP scale according to their respective essence/substance/vitality ranges (or damage/hp/agility as you said).
I think that's a great way to improve PvE experience.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby CaptainMidget » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:48 am

venatorvenator wrote:I was going to suggest almost same thing today. I agree that animals should have their ua, armor, and HP scale according to their respective essence/substance/vitality ranges (or damage/hp/agility as you said).
I think that's a great way to improve PvE experience.

Im glad some people think along the same lines as I do. PvE is lacking and the exact same, rather there be a sort of unknown element which would make us think for once.
CaptainMidget

Return to Critique & Ideas