Druidic Rites

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Druidic Rites

Postby Torthur » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:51 am

I have a suggestion for the forestry->druidic rites line.

It should increase your chances of getting closer to a 50:50 ratio of male to female moths when hatching from a cocoon.

The flavor text could read something like "after years of hatching silk worms, you have learned the optimal conditions for breeding and thus have learned to control gender"

After weeks of breeding silk my crop was essentially ruined a day or two ago by getting 18males and 2 females or something to that like.
Torthur

Re: Druidic Rites

Postby TeckXKnight » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:59 am

It is a 50/50 divide and with large enough production you end up around that. The issue is that sometimes we're not completely average in luck every single day and so on smaller scales, sometimes we strike that 1/256 chance and get 8 male moths and no female moths.
TeckXKnight

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:02 am

The ratio is already something around 50:50, I assume.

However, being 'per egg', it has a small chance that you'll get far more of one gender.

A solution would be to make it so the game determines the genders % over the total amount of eggs in the container. Like... 26 eggs, the game determines 13 of them to be male and 13 to be female. But I suppose that would be some kind of cheating - I mean... you were a victim of bad luck. Bad luck happens to harvests, to battles, etc... It's part of life on the hearthlands. Having a skill that 'alters' gender probability would be too much.

A possible solution (In my opinion) could be a skill that allows you to predict gender, maybe. Then you can select the eggs with that in mind or, if your farm still isn't big enough to select and 'throw' eggs away, you could see that you'll get 9 females and 2 males (for example) and think "Oh, ok, let's go outside and find some more males".
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Torthur » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:07 am

Hmm cool, so you guys like the idea of the druidic rites line helping in getting closer to a 50:50 ratio of male:famale? For the LP cost it would be nice to have a little extra protection against the RNG
Torthur

Return to Critique & Ideas