Dirt & Music

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Dirt & Music

Postby dapperPepper » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:35 am

I really actually have a few critiques, suggestions, ideas, whatever you wish to call them.

Topic 1: Dirt! Or rather the 'Stomp Dirt' ability, I have noticed after I used it to border my cobble roads for decorational purposes, grass overgrows the dirt incredibly quickly - it's a daily matter of restomping the dirt. That leads me to my idea of doing...
-Solution #1: Make dirt be overgrown by grass slower, allowing for decorational use of the ability to be more practical, rather than a constant touch-up affair.
-Solution #2: Allow us to designate dirt as not being able to be grown over by grass, except by the 'Plant Grass' ability.

Topic 2: More Dirt, Sort Of! Or rather the inability to 'Stomp Dirt' below an object. In my base I have a one-square patch of grass under my claim totem-thing, and it keeps growing over onto the dirt because I can't remove it.
-Solution #1: Simple, allow us in some way to affect tiles underneath objects.
-Solution #2: Bit crazier, and less likely, allow us to temporarily move certain objects. Yeah, that's not a very good solution, I can see that being problematic in a vast multitude of manners.

Topic 3: Music! Or rather the inability to change the music volume. Bit different from the others! I love the music, I do, but sometimes I just don't want to listen to it, or if I have other music on, don't want the in-game music blaring over my own.
-Solution Numero Uno: Let us change the volume to music! Please! And maybe make it louder than the current default, if at all possible, for those of us with hearing problems - not that I have that issue ... I think.

I also have another thing to bring up - I am not actually entirely certain this wasn't done by a friend, but it's worth mentioning! I use 'Survey Land' to place down flags - yet again for beautiful, beautiful aesthetics - and I am not entirely certain but I feel after a while they may have just disappeared, simply because they were there for too long. If that's the case, I'd really like a way to place the flags down and not have them do that.

I am very largely into the decorating side of games, so I find any possible manner to entertain myself and make things prettier! If I see something, I nab it! If I see I can use something in perhaps an unintended manner, I do it! All for the sake of prettifying things. 8-)
dapperPepper

Re: Dirt & Music

Postby Jackwolf » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:53 am

Yeah! The game could definitely use more aesthetics. :D
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Re: Dirt & Music

Postby theoddfielding » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:46 am

dapperPepper wrote:-Solution #2: Bit crazier, and less likely, allow us to temporarily move certain objects. Yeah, that's not a very good solution, I can see that being problematic in a vast multitude of manners.

For houses and palisades probably not, but I've been thinking for a while it probably wouldn't be that bad if we could move the claim totem around within the claim. Probably not by lifting it though.
theoddfielding

Return to Critique & Ideas