Idea for taming a lynx into a cat.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Idea for taming a lynx into a cat.

Postby wickerman_156 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:44 am

jorb wrote:It is indeed the plan to make them tamable to normal cats.

My idea for taming lynx kittens into domestic cats.

Acquiring kitten.
Lynx mothers make their dens in old tree stumps and hollow logs* where you will find 1-2 kittens inside.
(*if you don't feel like making a new model for a den)
Mothers will patrol around their den, attacking anyone who gets close.
The Kittens can be picked up from the den and put in your hands, taking up one slot each.
For 15 minutes after picking them up they will be enraged, making you unable to teleport with them or put them in your backpack.
They will occasionally scratch you and break free from your grasp.

Taming.
When you've gotten home, keep the kittens in any container.
They will feed on any appropriate food every 12 hours, variety and quality increases chance of success.
They will consume any "toys", like string, horrible knot, balls or dolls left with them, increasing chance of success.
Lifting/touching them regularly, increases chances of success, but there's a chance to get scratched when doing so.
After 6 days they will be adults.
Depending on how you treated them will decide if taming succeeded or not, if you failed it will turn into a feral cat instead.
Feral cats will scratch you and force you to drop them as soon as you lift them from the container, and escape (through the door, if inside) into the wilderness. (despawning when out of range)

Cats.
If you succeeded you now have a tame cat.
Tamed cats will stay within the area of a claim if dropped in one, and walk around within its boundaries.
Cats do not have collision boxes. (would be annoying to bump into it)
Cats will avoid anyone who approaches it who does not have "theft" permission on the claim.
Cats will eat out of a feeding bowl placed on the ground. If none exists and it is hungry, it will eat any food dropped on the ground.
Starving cats will escape into the wild.
Cats will eat any rats it sees, and chase after rabbits, and bugs.
Cats will some times leave these as presents in front of your house door.
Cats can be picked up but do not like being put in bags and will escape if kept in there too long.
Two cats within the same claim can breed. A pregnant cat will put her kittens in any container big enough within the claim.
Cats will sometimes take a nap in any container that's big enough.
Cats can either not be killed, or do not give anything when doing so.
Different cat breeds would be neat.

von Wurstone
wickerman_156

Re: Idea for taming a lynx into a cat.

Postby Vigilance » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:02 pm

God damn what a LARP-y idea. What does this add exactly that my enslaved villagers don't already give me?
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby mattresses » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:11 pm

obviously, cellar rats will need to consume food/foragables from cupboards to make a feline rat defence force worthwhile.
mattresses

Postby Vigilance » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:13 pm

mattresses wrote:obviously, cellar rats will need to consume food/foragables from cupboards to make a feline rat defence force worthwhile.

Woohoo, complete trash idea. Suddenly cellars are a crazy uncommon thing for that venue of storage and it adds a GIANT layer of triviality and tedium to the game. Super fun!!
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Teleskop » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:35 pm

Haven community is too retarded for fun mechanics,unless you can ql grind them. And shitpost about it.
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby LadyV » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Jorb said they planned to add tamed cats. Let's see how they present it first. ;)
LadyV

Postby linkfanpc » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:06 am

(Like some real life cats) A tamed cat will sometimes leave for a day or, on rare occasions, multiple or many days. Depending on how long it was gone, there is a chance it will bring something back.(like a rabbit) There should also be a process like taming you can do with them, training. It works like sparring, you each have some health, it is a separate health bar and does not effect your actual SHP or HHP, like sparring. Every time you win, the cat becomes more powerful. If it beats you, that means it has similar stats as you. With enough, it will attack anyone or anything that attacks you and, can, win. This also adds, if you train them alot, when they come back from a long journey, they have a extremely rare chance to bring back a fox, badger, or even a fellow lynx.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Darruin » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:28 am

I like the idea that cats could go and bring something back for you. On rare instances, perhaps unique curios like a ratking (the animal has to have some purpose for existing in your village). More cats = more chances.

Darruin

Return to Critique & Ideas