Livestock Enclosure Management

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Livestock Enclosure Management

Postby Avu » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:05 am

So right now I use chairs but they suck and those bastard little sheeplings still somehow move through the tiny gaps between wall and chair and I can't walk with trough or barrel through them. If I open gates the damn bastards will sprint through it. So I want a chest high revolving door style you can go through it both ways but it stops the animals.

Also can we get a short range animal positioning tool? Say from inspect button so I don't have to go mad when moving cattle inside their pen.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Re: Livestock Enclosure Management

Postby Cajoes » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:39 am

Have you tried a airlock-style configuration?
Cajoes

Postby jorb » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:32 am

Avu wrote:Also can we get a short range animal positioning tool? Say from inspect button so I don't have to go mad when moving cattle inside their pen.

To move the animal to a designated position, you mean?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby AAlex » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:44 am

Cow tipping pls
AAlex

Postby Tonkyhonk » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:45 am

i may have a different idea from avu's, but i think just one simple "push" button to move the cattle to the neighboring open tile would still be nice and makes our virtual lives a lot easier. or "shoo away" to encourage cattles to walk to open tiles inside the pen. (i think there used to be similar suggestions long ago that disappeared into the void.)
Tonkyhonk

Postby Avu » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:58 pm

jorb wrote:
Avu wrote:Also can we get a short range animal positioning tool? Say from inspect button so I don't have to go mad when moving cattle inside their pen.

To move the animal to a designated position, you mean?

That how.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:06 pm

Avu wrote:So right now I use chairs but they suck and those bastard little sheeplings still somehow move through the tiny gaps between wall and chair and I can't walk with trough or barrel through them. If I open gates the damn bastards will sprint through it. So I want a chest high revolving door style you can go through it both ways but it stops the animals.

Also can we get a short range animal positioning tool? Say from inspect button so I don't have to go mad when moving cattle inside their pen.

Are you saying you use chairs rather than fences? o.o
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby DaniAngione » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:35 pm

On the subject, can I use Trellis fences to enclose the animals?

I mean, they're not fences, but they look like nicer fences if placed properly. Can I use them or it will fail?
(I'd obviously make a picket gate too)
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Sever » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:48 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
Avu wrote:So right now I use chairs but they suck and those bastard little sheeplings still somehow move through the tiny gaps between wall and chair and I can't walk with trough or barrel through them. If I open gates the damn bastards will sprint through it. So I want a chest high revolving door style you can go through it both ways but it stops the animals.

Are you saying you use chairs rather than fences? o.o

This one is never obvious.

You build a roundpole fence but leave just one space open, and you put a chair there. That way you can sit in the chair ad choose to go in or out, but animals shouldn't be able to escape.

Personally, I think it's kind of an exploit but kind of makes sense, but it's 100% silly regardless. Since there is no mechanic to frighten or corral cattle, though, it's an acceptable weirdness provided it actually works, and it sounds like it doesnt.

There should be a fence gate type that a player can use where they automatically open the gate and close it behind them, much like using a door. The hitbox doesn't change, you just pass through it. An airlock would be enough, but you can't shoo them away to operate the inner gate.
Come back two hours earlier.
Sever

Postby Gabula » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:09 pm

How about a whip that you craft out of leather, and you can use it to whip your cow's ass to make him run away from you ¦]
Gabula

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas