Livestock Enclosure Management

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Livestock Enclosure Management

Postby Turtlesir » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:38 pm

DaniAngione wrote:On the subject, can I use Trellis fences to enclose the animals?

I mean, they're not fences, but they look like nicer fences if placed properly. Can I use them or it will fail?
(I'd obviously make a picket gate too)

you can use anything that blocks movement. i'm just lining up feeding troughs right now 'cause i forget to refill them. you just have to make sure you put them closer than the standard tile placement, otherwise smaller animals like sheep will escape through them as someone said above.
Turtlesir

Postby Kelody » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:59 pm

If you use ctrl to place the roundpole fences, you can move the sides next to the chair closer together, leaving less space to escape.
Kelody

Postby chrisrock » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:27 pm

DaniAngione wrote:On the subject, can I use Trellis fences to enclose the animals?

I mean, they're not fences, but they look like nicer fences if placed properly. Can I use them or it will fail?
(I'd obviously make a picket gate too)

oh yes you can
it looks better when there's stuff growing all over them, i suggest planting peppercorn or peas because they look nicer imo.
i had to replant my grapes there so it doesn't look as nice.

dani, our camps probably look a lot alike. we had a lot of the same ideas. our house placement is also the same.
chrisrock

Postby Kelody » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:47 pm

A Stile would be the perfect solution. Wiki
Kelody

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas