Using Hard Leather as Leather

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Using Hard Leather as Leather

Postby Sevenless » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:07 am

Sever wrote:I might add that this idea of sacrificing more of the same material to make a better materials is a certain kind of disgusting alchemy that doesn't belong here.

That's the type of argument that I was talking about. Whether or not something "would realistically be pliable for further treatment" doesn't mean a whole lot compared to actual gameplay mechanic discussion.

Stockpiling mass resources to "purify" them into something better is something bots would be exceptionally good at.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Sever » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:30 am

"Realism is not always a good argument" is not an argument and does not invalidate my opinion in any way.

I don't know if you noticed, but Haven & Hearth is kind of based on reality, survival stuff, natural stuff. Sure, a lot of things are simplified or abstracted, but things seem to stick to roughly the real process they are based on. If I use a very light hand when applying realism for that reason, it would make sense to infinitely reprocess metal, for better or worse, but natural products can only take so much treatment before they've either gotten as good as they can or would be ruined if abused further. Burning up tons of crap leather to make it match wax quality... should they implement wax armor?

Would you like to provide an argument for suspending my disbelief or would you rather just dismiss realism a third time?

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
LadyV wrote:I disagree. Hard leather should be its own entity. You would not make soft leather pants from hard leather.

Actually Cuir-boilli was in fact used in making leather greaves.

Greaves are boots, not pants. Probably just enough give for the ankle.
Come back two hours earlier.
Sever

Postby maze » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:07 am

Sever wrote:I might add that this idea of sacrificing more of the same material to make a better materials is a certain kind of disgusting alchemy that doesn't belong here.

blah blah garbage

are you a steel worker worker? irl. Alchemy, wtf. the rest of your post is shit and not what I talking about.

If you didnt notice I didnt agree with this topic as i said "-1" leather is in a rather fine place as it is.

what i said was~
only metal has a simple refining process of weeding out its faults. all these other shit posted things you tryed to add to my post was just that ~shit.

if you are a veteran HnH player you would understand Metal has a very slow Q creep compared to leather.

and if you made steel or any metal in this world. you'd understand a refining process might make metal more desirable then its current form.
and making the processing to metal would give the miners a little more to do then just mine all day long.

Sever wrote:more crap garbage of a point that does not matter
Would you like to provide an argument for suspending my disbelief or would you rather just dismiss realism a third time?

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
LadyV wrote:I disagree. Hard leather should be its own entity. You would not make soft leather pants from hard leather.

Actually Cuir-boilli was in fact used in making leather greaves.

Greaves are boots, not pants. Probably just enough give for the ankle.

Greaves are not boots, Greaves are an armor used on the legs. not feet.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greave

WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Sever » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:19 am

maze wrote:Greaves are not boots, Greaves are an armor used on the legs. not feet.

Fair enough, a quick search returned what I expected, and looked like boots. They're still not pants, though.

As for the rest of it, just because I posted right after you does not mean I was responding to you. I played worlds 2 and 3, any knowledge I have about quality progression is largely irrelevant now as it used to be much faster.
Come back two hours earlier.
Sever

Postby jorb » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:21 am

I don't hate this suggestion. Might consider. We removed it to avoid the tragic accidents of making hardened leather into hardened leather that was always a usual story in Legacy.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby rye130 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:47 am

jorb wrote:I don't hate this suggestion. Might consider. We removed it to avoid the tragic accidents of making hardened leather into hardened leather that was always a usual story in Legacy.

So you guys aren't completely against quality spiraling? The removal of metal spiraling is a little sad because it was a nice way to get a little extra quality out of what your industry was capable of normally with a good chunk of extra effort.
rye130

Postby jorb » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:07 am

rye130 wrote:So you guys aren't completely against quality spiraling? The removal of metal spiraling is a little sad because it was a nice way to get a little extra quality out of what your industry was capable of normally with a good chunk of extra effort.

Not at all. More that we forgot to implement it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Sever wrote:
maze wrote:Greaves are not boots, Greaves are an armor used on the legs. not feet.

Fair enough, a quick search returned what I expected, and looked like boots. They're still not pants, though.

As for the rest of it, just because I posted right after you does not mean I was responding to you. I played worlds 2 and 3, any knowledge I have about quality progression is largely irrelevant now as it used to be much faster.

*laughs* I have helped make them in real life, I have also made curi-boilli in real life, and a lot of the other things I comment on here from gardening to weaving/spinning to animal husbandry I do/have done in real life.

I speak from experience about 90% of the time when commenting on game mechanics.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas