Item Creation Times

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Item Creation Times

Postby Kirby254 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:55 pm

Can we make this feel more like a video game and less like a facebook game for crop growth, leather hides, smelting... ect? If you could reduce the timers to a reasonable amount of time I would appreciate it.

example of time reduction, if it takes 8 hours then reduce it to 8 minutes. If it takes 8 minutes make it 8 seconds. If it takes 24 hours reduce it to 24 minutes.

Here is how I am currently playing the game. Log in, gather/craft curiosities for about 25 minutes, set to learn and set up hides to dry. Plant seeds and log out. Return to the game in 1 day to rotate hides(total of maybe 5 mins in game) log in another day later and rotate hides and crops.(another 5 min session) Rinse and repeat endlessly. It's no wonder the player interaction piece is just about zero.

Maybe reducing the time would enable me to be in game more?(isn't that how you gather money from players anyway? more in game time?) It would reduce the need to take over massive plots of land farming as well.(it would be nice to see more towns and less giant farms)

Just a thought, since eventually I will get bored of a game I only play for a few minutes each week and move onto something else.
Kirby254

Re: Item Creation Times

Postby burgingham » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:18 pm

Once you are past that initial stage you will have way more to do than a 24 hour day can handle, trust me. If my fields will grow any faster then I am quitting because I would start going crazy.

Just use the initial game stages to set up a good base or to forage basic stuff. You can never have enough string for example. Ants, filers etc.
burgingham

Postby Karede » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:57 pm

Reminder to take a moment to be thankful that the community has no real say in development
Karede

Postby LadyV » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:53 pm

No thank you. I like to savor my game. Rushing through it in a day or a week just ruins it and you move on. If you cant not invest time and desire to create your dream within the open world then that is more your limitation, not the games. As I see it he only limitation is Free vs. Pay.
LadyV

Postby sabinati » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:02 am

You're doing it wrong, OP
sabinati

Postby maze » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:22 am

Karede wrote:Reminder to take a moment to be thankful that the community has no real say in development

I don't know about the rest of you~ ¦]
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby jorb » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:15 am

No.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Ukhata » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:53 am

jorb wrote:No.

pras
Ukhata

Postby Tamalak » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Karede wrote:Reminder to take a moment to be thankful that the community has no real say in development

+1
Tamalak

Return to Critique & Ideas