Quality increases: A discussion on the differences/issues

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Quality increases: A discussion on the differences/issue

Postby sabinati » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:30 pm

honestly the rounding issue with seed stacks and animal feed is the only problem for me.
sabinati

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:10 am

Wait... is there a distinction being made between 'Stone Quality' and 'Ore quality' not being found underground?

Because I'm pretty sure I did in fact find Stone Quality in my first Heavy Earth mine.. I *KNOW* The Heavy Earth is Q11 avg before smelting.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby pheonix » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:04 am

Alot of what has been mentioned is spot on, i hate that they have gone back to the stupid lead/sulfur/salt/mercury from Salem, that system was a complete bloody mess concerning natural nodes, im talking post purity patch when dropped to 10% and no ideas left for fixing it. i can understand wanting the 3 purity to mean something in this game but when we have nodes of high one element floating about everywhere and making mining require all 3 to be high to advance is lunacy. i have 150 strength atm, not high i know but with a q21 pick/25 axe(avg) i can barely scratch level 2 walls. If making the pick-axe split into 3 components it would make sense and help us miners out a lot for example making it split into
Essence - Mining strength
Substance - Stamina drain %
Vitality-Ore yield

This way you can have the ability to go through harder walls easier but there are trade offs to what type of pick you use. found a ore node, you can use you vit pick as long as your strength compensates for a q10 essence number. this is just my 2 cents but something like this would at least give us some hope because i cant foresee breaking through my lvl 2 mine until 250+ and that means lvl 3 is 250-400, 400-600, 600-800 :/.
pheonix

Postby jorb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:08 am

pheonix wrote:i hate that they have gone back to the stupid lead/sulfur/salt/mercury from Salem

But we haven't. It's not even close.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Kahryl » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:06 pm

Honestly I like things being a bit slower. Endgame is like the end of the game!
Kahryl

Postby bmjclark » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:06 pm

Potjeh wrote:Yeah, picks are way too harsh.

Agreed. There's l1 spots that are hard for my miner to mine. L2 spots i can't even scratch and spots right next to it that are super soft. Hardness nodes are ridiculously harsh, and seem way to frequent. The different types of rocks have ridiculous hardness swings in them too. I was mining through silver ore fairly easily, mined into quartz and the rock was suddenly very much to hard to mine. With the amount of base str i have right now i could of been palibashing in past worlds. Seems a little ridiculous.

One of my other issues with quality right now is how useless vitality is on armor.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Kaios » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:19 pm

bmjclark wrote:One of my other issues with quality right now is how useless vitality is on armor.

But it adds more wear?
Kaios

Postby bmjclark » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:26 pm

If you have decent gear it isn't likely to take any damage from animals. The only thing that could really damage it is another player and likely only with chop. I'd give up 50% of the wear on any of my gear for 2-3 more deflection or absorb.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Kaios » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:31 pm

That's a fair point though still more wear means your armor lasts longer against players so you can survive more of those chops. On Winged Helm for example 14ish vitality gives you 70 wear where as crafting one at around 20 or so vitality bumps you up to 100 which is a pretty significant increase imo for only a few points.
Kaios

Postby Sevenless » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:58 am

bmjclark wrote:One of my other issues with quality right now is how useless vitality is on armor.

I'd disagree entirely on that. If we want to get away from average quality, not every quality type can have a massive important effect on each item. Otherwise it goes back to being effectively the average.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas