A bunch of food ideas

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: A bunch of food ideas

Postby shubla » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:55 pm

Agree that we need more food stuff. I guess its not even that hard to add recipes as theres templates ready. Like not very much time. But would still offer so much.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:17 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
GenghisKhan44 wrote:While we're on it... why don't we have any spices? Not even so much as parsley?

Peppercorns aren't spices?

The culinary world thinks of them as a seasoning, along with salt. Apparently this is a conceptually different thing than spices.

Parsley, by the by, is an herb, not a spice. Which if I recall correctly is defined as being part of the leafy part of the plant.

Cinnamon, for instance, is a spice as its derived from the bark, and nutmeg as well as it's a ground nut. For example.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby LadyV » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:35 pm

I support new recipes. However roasted pumpkin seeds need butter in the pan.

@Sabinati

no roasted pumpkin seeds are traditionally fried in butter and a pinch of salt added. :)
LadyV

Postby sabinati » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:55 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:
GenghisKhan44 wrote:While we're on it... why don't we have any spices? Not even so much as parsley?

The culinary world thinks of them as a seasoning, along with salt. Apparently this is a conceptually different thing than spices.

Parsley, by the by, is an herb, not a spice. Which if I recall correctly is defined as being part of the leafy part of the plant.

Cinnamon, for instance, is a spice as its derived from the bark, and nutmeg as well as it's a ground nut. For example.

Seasoning is the process of adding salt, herbs, or spices to food to enhance the flavor.

A spice is a seed, fruit, root, bark, berry, bud or vegetable substance primarily used for flavoring, coloring or preserving food. Spices are distinguished from herbs, which are parts of leafy green plants used for flavoring or as a garnish.

LadyV wrote:I support new recipes. However roasted pumpkin seeds need butter in the pan.

@Sabinati

no roasted pumpkin seeds are traditionally fried in butter and a pinch of salt added. :)

Roasting is a cooking method that uses dry heat where hot air envelops the food, cooking it evenly on all sides with temperatures of at least 300 °F from an open flame, oven, or other heat source.

Frying is the cooking of food in oil or another fat.

/pedantry
sabinati

Postby LadyV » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:04 pm

sabinati wrote:
LadyV wrote:

@Sabinati

Roasting is a cooking method that uses dry heat where hot air envelops the food, cooking it evenly on all sides with temperatures of at least 300 °F from an open flame, oven, or other heat source.

/pedantry

I didn't name them I'm just telling you how they are prepared. Plenty of things have names that are not exact. :D
LadyV

Postby shubla » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Morels/yellowfeet etc. mushrooms doesnt have enough food uses. Some more would be nice. Lingonberry also.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby sabinati » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:11 pm

i think the important thing is that they are prepared both ways, in a pan with oil, and dry roasted in an oven. i would be fine with either/both
sabinati

Postby sabinati » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:12 pm

shubla wrote:Lingonberry also.

yep, still waiting on lingonberry jam for muh horse meatballs
sabinati

Postby RickyP602 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:55 pm

Meatloaf would be nice. Cow, eggs, onions and possibly baked bread, because some people are weird and do that.
RickyP602

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:01 pm

sabinati wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:

Seasoning is the process of adding salt, herbs, or spices to food to enhance the flavor.

A spice is a seed, fruit, root, bark, berry, bud or vegetable substance primarily used for flavoring, coloring or preserving food. Spices are distinguished from herbs, which are parts of leafy green plants used for flavoring or as a garnish.

LadyV wrote:I support new recipes. However roasted pumpkin seeds need butter in the pan.

@Sabinati

/pedantry

Thank you Mr. Know-it-alls! :geek:

The general idea being... is food supposed to be without extra flavour - whether you're a gourmet chef or just someone who wants something that tastes like something.
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas