Dev coats. account bound & hang on walls~

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Dev coats. account bound & hang on walls~

Postby maze » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:10 pm

Would you guys be willing to make Merchant's capes and other dev coats maybe. account bound?
Im sure the other bug stomps, exploit finders would love to see em account bound.

Given it would give us more incentive to report exploits if we got to keep the cape forever. (such as the store hats)

Also can you allow us to hang it on walls as a trophy? I wanna replace my sign with it :lol:

anyhow i need to work toward Hermine Cloak now. (What do I need to do for it anyhow....im sure report more exploits :) )
thanks again J&L.

WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Re: Dev coats. account bound & hang on walls~

Postby Kaios » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:16 pm

Nah I like that they can be taken by anyone, you shouldn't need any incentive to report bugs.

Allowing them to be hung on the wall would be cool though.
Kaios

Postby maze » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:21 pm

Kaios wrote:nah I like that they can be taken by anyone, you shouldn't need any incentive to report bugs.

I agree that, but im talking about real world here. where people are lazy and like rewards ;p
I just like to be able to run around with it on my adventures without being scared of having of such value on me.
game ideas
maze

Postby Kaios » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:22 pm

maze wrote:I agree that, but im talking about real world here. where people are lazy and like rewards ;p
I just like to be able to run around with it on my adventures without being scared of having of such value on me.

I know, I wouldn't mind being able to do that myself but it's not that big of a deal to me. What I like better is the fact that these gifts create interesting little items throughout the world that make for awesome loot or trading.
Kaios

Postby maze » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Kaios wrote:
maze wrote:I agree that, but im talking about real world here. where people are lazy and like rewards ;p

I know, I wouldn't mind being able to do that myself but it's not that big of a deal to me. What I like better is the fact that these gifts create interesting little items throughout the world that make for awesome loot or trading.

then I vote for 1 Hat color of the cape that's account bound and 1 cape (this cape) that is lootable :D
...im a hardcore collecter....im sorry...i like things that i own and others dont :oops:
game ideas
maze

Postby Vigilance » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:37 pm

There's a MILLION dev capes floating around, Maze. Even if yours is yours and it can never be stolen it's not exactly a rarity.

This (account bound) change would also mean I lose mine, and anyone fortunate enough to have killed a person with a dev cape on loses theirs too. I do agree with being able to put more things on walls though.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby maze » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:47 pm

Vigilance wrote:There's a MILLION dev capes floating around, Maze. Even if yours is yours and it can never be stolen it's not exactly a rarity.

This (account bound) change would also mean I lose mine, and anyone fortunate enough to have killed a person with a dev cape on loses theirs too. I do agree with being able to put more things on walls though.

the only time i ever seen em' is on the forums an in old brodgar. even if their rare. i still like to collect.
but i do get semi get where raiders are coming from
~killing/looting the people who take the time to find bugs & exploits then relay em' to jorb and not abusing em.

again I don't mind a unlootable/account bound hat to go with the cape when its rewarded.
and why not give it to the million of people who have done their work.
job should make tiers of hats for bug finding :lol:
game ideas
maze

Postby Kaios » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:11 pm

maze wrote:~killing/looting the people who take the time to find bugs & exploits then relay em' to jorb and not abusing em.

Doesn't always have to be like that though, they can be traded or they can be found in an old, abandoned village one day.
Kaios

Postby spectacle » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:11 pm

Vigilance wrote:There's a MILLION dev capes floating around, Maze. Even if yours is yours and it can never be stolen it's not exactly a rarity.

The fact that capes are lootable make them a lot less useful as show-off objects, since walking in public with one will attract thieves like nothing else. Better to keep it locked away in that case.
Once a man has changed the relationship between himself and his environment, he cannot return to the blissful ignorance he left. Motion, of necessity, involves a change in perspective.
-Commissioner Pravin Lal, "A Social History of Planet"
spectacle

Postby Potjeh » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:25 pm

Precisely, so I too think they'd be better off account-bound.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas