evict someone from claim

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

evict someone from claim

Postby Apillion » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:50 am

A few day's ago a friend stood on my claim right in front of my door effectively blocking me from going inside.

It seemed that he was afk but turns out he's client was not even open but his character was still online perhaps he left scents ? But none the less I was unable to go in my house till he moved so what I'm requesting is the option to kick people from your claim to prevent this.

Perhaps make it so the option to kick someone is only avaliable if said player has not moved for 10 min or something
Apillion

Re: evict someone from claim

Postby jorb » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:53 am

Not sure how that would work.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby TeckXKnight » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:58 am

jorb wrote:Not sure how that would work.

We can already aggro people without rage on our claims, just make it so we can KO them and send them back home. That solves this problem in 99% of cases, even if it means we give them a few HHP damage and damage their armor.
TeckXKnight

Postby spectacle » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:33 am

Some kind of "push" action to move afk hearthlings a small distance would do the trick, both for accidental and intentional blocking. I think it's been discussed several times in the past? :)
Once a man has changed the relationship between himself and his environment, he cannot return to the blissful ignorance he left. Motion, of necessity, involves a change in perspective.
-Commissioner Pravin Lal, "A Social History of Planet"
spectacle

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:00 am

Hearthling can be 'sent home' if:
1 - They do not have criminal acts turned on
2 - They are on a claim they don't have access to (since you could be in a party and have that right revoked while still on the pclaim)
3 - They are on a p/vclaim and have been idle for more than 60 seconds
4 - They are anywhere and are unconscious

Clean and simple.

There is still some capacity for minor griefing if they have a twitch bot set up for #3 to keep it from going idle after 60 seconds, but that's rather a corner case and open for an asskicking, which sets them at #4
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby burgingham » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:02 pm

spectacle wrote:

Some kind of "push" action to move afk hearthlings a small distance would do the trick, both for accidental and intentional blocking. I think it's been discussed several times in the past? :)

This would actually solve a lot of other problems too. Make it so.

Let it have a timer maybe so it cannot be abused in the middle of a battle.
burgingham

Return to Critique & Ideas