Haven & Hearth 2 NON-PvP

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Haven & Hearth 2 NON-PvP

Postby WyrmLynch » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:37 pm

i was wondering if is was possible for yall to add like a server to the game like a Non-PVP cause im sure there alot of players out there thats just wanna play the game without worries and enjoy it and right now they cant cause im sure there are killers everywhere just waiting for you to be there next prey or getting there base raided it might sound stupid but there are a few of us that wish there was a server like this. Some of yall might hate this idea cause yall dedicate your lives to kill others and enjoy it im sure if this was possible the Non-Pvp server would have more players than the normal H&H2
WyrmLynch

Re: Haven & Hearth 2 NON-PvP

Postby spawningmink » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:38 pm

this is a perma death game get used to it to get lost ;)
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby loftar » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:41 pm

WyrmLynch wrote:cause im sure there alot of players out there thats just wanna play the game without worries

Let's put the problem like this: Imagine what you could do if there weren't PvP there to threaten people who grief you by other means. I'm not sure that would mean that you'd have less to worry about.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby WyrmLynch » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:11 pm

spawningmink wrote:this is a perma death game get used to it to get lost ;)

Hater
WyrmLynch

Postby WyrmLynch » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:11 pm

loftar wrote:
WyrmLynch wrote:cause im sure there alot of players out there thats just wanna play the game without worries

Let's put the problem like this: Imagine what you could do if there weren't PvP there to threaten people who grief you by other means. I'm not sure that would mean that you'd have less to worry about.

this game boring as hell and Pvp sucks too im just saying some of us just wanna play in peace plus every game has a Non Pvp server its just and idea dont come up with some stupid solutions plus this game is not popular by its pvp content its aout all the amazing things you can do build find and kill things
WyrmLynch

Postby loftar » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:18 pm

WyrmLynch wrote:im just saying some of us just wanna play in peace

Maybe you didn't read my post, but what I was saying was that it's not obvious that your proposed method results in that effect.
loftar

Postby WyrmLynch » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:27 pm

loftar wrote:
WyrmLynch wrote:im just saying some of us just wanna play in peace

Maybe you didn't read my post, but what I was saying was that it's not obvious that your proposed method results in that effect.

its okay man its just my idea thats why this is the critique &ideas section plus like i said someone of us would like something like this plus everyone would have a choice PVp or Non-Pvp really simple u could play H&H2 normal or play H&H2 Non Pvp but its up to yall i was asking this cause i was like why dont H&H2 dont have a server dediacted without Pvp
WyrmLynch

Postby loftar » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:43 pm

WyrmLynch wrote:its okay man its just my idea thats why this is the critique &ideas section plus like i said someone of us would like something like this plus everyone would have a choice PVp or Non-Pvp really simple u could play H&H2 normal or play H&H2 Non Pvp but its up to yall i was asking this cause i was like why dont H&H2 dont have a server dediacted without Pvp

Do I really have to spell it out for you? My point is this: What do you do on a non-PvP server when someone:
  • Starts building a village idol to claim the land around you;
  • Takes ten alts to block the exit of your palisade gate;
  • Builds a palisade around your claim;
  • Plants a tight forest all around you, or conversely, cuts down all the trees around you;
  • Simply stands in your way;
  • Runs away with the carcass of the animal you just killed; or
  • Just decides to settle down next to you while you don't like him?
These, and many other conceivable actions, are far easier ways to grief people than is PvP, and PvP is the only thing that keeps them somewhat in check. Therefore, removing PvP results not in less griefing, but in more.

In case it's not obvious, I'm not denying that some people just want to live in peace, and I don't think it would be a bad thing if they could do that. But removing PvP does not result in that.
loftar

Postby WyrmLynch » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:01 am

loftar wrote:
WyrmLynch wrote:its okay man its just my idea thats why this is the critique &ideas section plus like i said someone of us would like something like this plus everyone would have a choice PVp or Non-Pvp really simple u could play H&H2 normal or play H&H2 Non Pvp but its up to yall i was asking this cause i was like why dont H&H2 dont have a server dediacted without Pvp

Do I really have to spell it out for you? My point is this: What do you do on a non-PvP server when someone:
  • Starts building a village idol to claim the land around you;
  • Takes ten alts to block the exit of your palisade gate;
  • Builds a palisade around your claim;
  • Plants a tight forest all around you, or conversely, cuts down all the trees around you;
  • Simply stands in your way;
  • Runs away with the carcass of the animal you just killed; or
  • Just decides to settle down next to you while you don't like him?
These, and many other conceivable actions, are far easier ways to grief people than is PvP, and PvP is the only thing that keeps them somewhat in check. Therefore, removing PvP results not in less griefing, but in more.

In case it's not obvious, I'm not denying that some people just want to live in peace, and I don't think it would be a bad thing if they could do that. But removing PvP does not result in that.

-_- the exact definition of don't come up with a Stupid solution anyways case close i dont even know why i bother
WyrmLynch

Postby Neon14 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:18 am

WyrmLynch wrote:-_- the exact definition of don't come up with a Stupid solution anyways case close i dont even know why i bother

Ahahaha, what.
BigStronk
Neon14

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas