Changing combat decks while in combat

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Changing combat decks while in combat

Postby Treetheater » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:53 pm

Why is this not already a thing?? I've yet to have a pvp encounter while having the wrong deck on(or at all really), but it would sure bum me out a lot if this happened and I had no way to change it to what I needed at that moment. I see one of two ways this could be done, either by switching out the moves you use from the first deck to the second, or initiating another small cooldown and changing the entire deck at once. I'm more inclined towards the 2nd option, since that prevents any sort of 'deck mixing', and also kind of treats deck changing as a move in itself. Only 1 change per fight, though, I feel nefarious botting would surely exploit this if you could continuously change your decks.

also, please make renaming combat schools available by default. Currently, only some of the custom clients offer this, and I don't really want to switch over to them and learn a bunch of new hotkeys n shit for such a minor, albeit helpful, feature.
Treetheater

Re: Changing combat decks while in combat

Postby MrBunzy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:01 pm

I'd prefer if you could just choose which deck to use as you enter combat. Now that there is a cooldown when you aggro somthing, the duration of the cooldown could be spent to select which deck you want, just by pressing 1-5 for combat decks 1-5. Then have it default to combat deck 1 if nothing is selected. Switching decks during combat itself takes away a lot of the importance of deck building, as you can just switch things out as you go if they aren't working.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby Treetheater » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:04 pm

MrBunzy wrote:I'd prefer if you could just choose which deck to use as you enter combat. Now that there is a cooldown when you aggro somthing, the duration of the cooldown could be spent to select which deck you want, just by pressing 1-5 for combat decks 1-5. Then have it default to combat deck 1 if nothing is selected. Switching decks during combat itself takes away a lot of the importance of deck building, as you can just switch things out as you go if they aren't working.

That's actually a really nice way to implement this idea! Jorb/Loftar, do this^^^^^
Treetheater

Postby loftar » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:49 pm

Hmmm, perhaps it wouldn't be entirely unreasonable to simply allow switching decks before you've actually used an action.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Chiprel2 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:51 pm

loftar wrote:Hmmm, perhaps it wouldn't be entirely unreasonable to simply allow switching decks before you've actually used an action.

Yes please! :D
Chiprel2

Return to Critique & Ideas