More furniture, pls.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: More furniture, pls.

Postby CaptainMidget » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:55 am

dageir wrote:
CaptainMidget wrote:
dageir wrote:Ok. I could state it less agressively: Please prioritize doing work with bugs (like the crash when trying to raid ant hills) and actual game play than things that are not directly meaningless, yet stricktly cosmetic (which for me is meaningless, but for others might mean the world for some reason).

They cant work on 4/5ths of bugs that crash the server until they've actually crashed the server. Then they can fix them.

There are other bugs aswell. If the devs are done with the core part of the game, are happy with the game play as is and see no problems in other areas, I guess the focus can be turned to the "fluff" part of the game. I suggest that any "fluff" added in the future has to be paid for to bolster the development of the game.

Kindly fuck off. Stop suggesting cash shop shit.

The core part of the game is not completed, its very much alpha. Like the rest of the game. If you dont enjoy "fluff" then get out of this thread.
CaptainMidget

Postby dageir » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:56 am

So we are not allowed to comment on other peoples suggestions unless we agree with said suggestions?
What is the moderators take on this?
dageir

Postby jorb » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:04 am

dageir wrote:Please work on existing bugs and add to the actual game play instead of doing meaningless decorating things.

It's not either or. The fluff is something I add. Technical bugs is something loftar deals with. It's not the case that me not adding fluff causes more important bugs to get fixed.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jorb » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:05 am

dageir wrote:Please prioritize doing work with bugs (like the crash when trying to raid ant hills)

I have never heard of this crash. Feel free to point to relevant bug report that I may have missed, or make one.

We are prioritizing bugs.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby dageir » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:24 am

jorb wrote:
dageir wrote:Please work on existing bugs and add to the actual game play instead of doing meaningless decorating things.

It's not either or. The fluff is something I add. Technical bugs is something loftar deals with. It's not the case that me not adding fluff causes more important bugs to get fixed.

My point is that if it was either or, one might consider prioritizing gameplay/bugs compared to work hard on "fluff". I was not aware of the strict division of labour among the devs.
dageir

Postby Amanda44 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:22 am

dageir wrote:So we are not allowed to comment on other peoples suggestions unless we agree with said suggestions?

Yes, ofc you are, but, in a thread where everyone is happy with new cosmetic items perhaps a bit of diplomacy wouldn't come amiss .... :)

I also suggest reading through the development announcements, in every one there is a list of all the bugs that have been fixed, I recall one that mainly centred on bug fixes, Loftars priority is fixing bugs but he is only one man.

As much as I love new content I do agree that bugs also need addressing, it's not one or the other for me either, none-the-less, new content, even if some of that is cosmetic, is what keeps the game fresh and the players immersed. People play the game for different reasons consequently some content has less appeal than others to different playstyles, all need to be catered for and that includes people like myself who like to have nice things ..... :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Peonaz3 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Mirror is quite cool. Some boards, metal and silver to make. Gives minor charisma buff if you stare at it (you know, you fix your shit and so on while you can see yourself)
Peonaz3

Postby dageir » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:24 pm

Amanda44 wrote:
dageir wrote:So we are not allowed to comment on other peoples suggestions unless we agree with said suggestions?

Yes, ofc you are, but, in a thread where everyone is happy with new cosmetic items perhaps a bit of diplomacy wouldn't come amiss .... :)

I also suggest reading through the development announcements, in every one there is a list of all the bugs that have been fixed, I recall one that mainly centred on bug fixes, Loftars priority is fixing bugs but he is only one man.

As much as I love new content I do agree that bugs also need addressing, it's not one or the other for me either, none-the-less, new content, even if some of that is cosmetic, is what keeps the game fresh and the players immersed. People play the game for different reasons consequently some content has less appeal than others to different playstyles, all need to be catered for and that includes people like myself who like to have nice things ..... :D

This assumes that the majority is always right.

dageir

Postby Redkat » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:06 pm

Peonaz3 wrote:Mirror is quite cool. Some boards, metal and silver to make. Gives minor charisma buff if you stare at it (you know, you fix your shit and so on while you can see yourself)

:) Maybe Lore

"Mirror Mirror on the wall. Who is the baddest of them all ?"

(yeah yeah I know. "baddest" - but isnt that what most hearthlings wants to know ??)

By the way Amanda :D Keep up your good work.
Redkat

Postby Amanda44 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:53 pm

dageir wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:

This assumes that the majority is always right.

Does it?

Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas