Mining features - eg dinosaur skeletons

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Mining features - eg dinosaur skeletons

Postby Zarxes » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:39 pm

First i want to say, that i really dig the new mining. The new rock types are awesome and make mining a lot more diverse than it has been. I think mining has a TON of untapped potential and is now an even more of a worthwhile activity apart from mining mere metals.
I want to suggest more mining events - i know you probably have some of them already on your list *trolls* but here are some more ideas.
I would love to see Dinosaur skeletons that spread over multiple tiles.
Also cool would be for example treasure chests, roots, rabbitholes, moles and maybe ancient burial sites where you could dig out weapons with different models or uncover skulls of different qualities also those events could be possibly tied to certain rock types. Also it could be nice to uncover remnants of old civilizations, like past worlds? Maybe Stone tablets talking about some past historic places.
Zarxes

Re: Mining features - eg dinosaur skeletons

Postby jorb » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:46 pm

I agree that more events would be neat.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:11 am

Maybe dinosaur/whatever fossils could be a type of wall/rock itself, like 'Fossil Stone". When mined, it would provide a special stone type that could be 'cleaned' (pretty much like we do with mussels for pearls) but instead of becoming food, they'd become any common stone. However, each time a 'fossil stone' is cleaned, it has a chance to give a curio. Lots of new curios could be added, from not so uncommon primitive, former civilization small tools and ancient small fossils to very rare fossils, some stuff of legend like a dragon teeth or something that could give a lot of LP, etc...

Also, mining with a special 'prospector's pick' that is slower would have an increased chance of getting a curio.
The prospector pick would also serve as a way to 'check' tile stability like someone once suggest.

Now, I suppose that things like new 'stone types' or biomes can't be added 'cause the world has been generated already and adding them now could be problematic (?) This is just a guess , though... but if so, Fossil stones could just randomly come when mining, then :D
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby jordancoles » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:01 am

Digging into natural caverns is already a thing, it would be awesome if you could actually dig into burial chambers and throne rooms though

Find some wrought iron swords in chests with some special design on the chest, or a throne which can only be found in one of those caverns etc

Would be really really cool.
I loved collecting unique items like that in Starbound and Terraria
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby CloudJhi » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:21 am

Wouldn't mind more fossils than just a petrified seashell. Would be nice to hang neat bones on the walls too.
W3 to W6 - Blockland. Special mentions: New Avalon, Tarn of Hotdog, Red October.
W7 - Elvenia, til we all got lazy.
W8 - Cult of R'lyeh, til the deeps called us back.
W9 - Tartarus, til death/wizards came for the land itself.
W10 - ???, ruined and forgotten.
CloudJhi

Postby abt79 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:50 pm

CloudJhi wrote:Wouldn't mind more fossils than just a petrified seashell. Would be nice to hang neat bones on the walls too.

Or if there were a few different curios (dragon/dinosaur skull, rib, teeth, etc) that could be built into the full skeleton.
Now that would be cool.
abt79

Postby spawningmink » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:01 am

Zarxes wrote:First i want to say, that i really dig the new mining. The new rock types are awesome and make mining a lot more diverse than it has been. I think mining has a TON of untapped potential and is now an even more of a worthwhile activity apart from mining mere metals.
I want to suggest more mining events - i know you probably have some of them already on your list *trolls* but here are some more ideas.
I would love to see Dinosaur skeletons that spread over multiple tiles.
Also cool would be for example treasure chests, roots, rabbitholes, moles and maybe ancient burial sites where you could dig out weapons with different models or uncover skulls of different qualities also those events could be possibly tied to certain rock types. Also it could be nice to uncover remnants of old civilizations, like past worlds? Maybe Stone tablets talking about some past historic places.

past worlds, wow this is acually an awesome idea
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Return to Critique & Ideas