Ponds

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Ponds

Postby jordancoles » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:49 am

Idc if I can't highlight an idea and make a pond of shallow water in weird shapes and sizes. If the simpler solution is a buildable area with set dimensions then so be it, but I would like to see player-made pools of water

Small, medium and large ponds of shallow water (large ponds may have deep water with shallow edges but I'm assuming shallow water would be easier to do)

Allow me to drop fish into the pond by right clicking them into the water and let me feed them with seeds to raise their quality
Allow me to fish them out when I feel like it

Ponds.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Re: Ponds

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:04 am

Yeah, I'd love to be able to create small ponds we can fill with fish, said fish need to be able to breed though to make it really worth while, which would mean sexing them, and yeah, increase quality with feeding.

There needs to be rules though in regard to having them too close together or else people will just effectively moat their villages, whilst horses and players can traverse shallow water, rams won't be able to.

Not that I'm against moats per se, but if we had them there would have to be a legitimate crossing point for rams.

Oh, I've just realised that if we had ponds of breeding fish it would make river fishing obsolete ..... less reasons for people to leave their walls is not a good thing imo, maybe not breeding fish then afterall. Lol. But still, ponds would be nice. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby jordancoles » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:15 am

Well, I assume it would follow the current rule that walls can't be within 3 tiles of water
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby bojackson » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:53 pm

You could try finding a small lake near home to wall in, they spawn near mountains it seems.
Ohhh that's how I make a sig, cool
bojackson

Postby jordancoles » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:01 am

bojackson wrote:You could try finding a small lake near home to wall in, they spawn near mountains it seems.

The naturally occurring lakes aren't really in ideal locations and they require hours of leveling to wall off

I already own a small area like this, but I'd never want to build a base around it

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:35 am

Aka:

Let me bot fishing in safety.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby jordancoles » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:49 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Aka:

Let me bot fishing in safety.

Or let me increase the quality of fish on my own and breed only the fish type that I want

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Teleskop » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:59 pm

jordancoles wrote:breed only the fish type that I want

racist

Why not a pond working like chicken coop but for fishes :?
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:01 pm

jordancoles wrote:The naturally occurring lakes aren't really in ideal locations and they require hours of leveling to wall off

I already own a small area like this, but I'd never want to build a base around it

Aka it's too much work to bot here. Let me bot fish with minimal effort in my base.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby mietzi94 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:33 pm

why do u have to be so rude robben. i think anyone can post an idea he has no matter wich faction he belongs no need to be like this boy..
Edit: Just try to be a bit nicer. These Threads are not for bitching around.
Edit2: Btw i like the idea. Village would also look beautiful with some ponds in it.
Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
mietzi94

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas