The Combat System

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

The Combat System

Postby Banditen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:34 pm

Hello there everyone,

The most broken thing in current combat: How can you wear a shield + sword, and be able to throw punches, left hooks and all that stuff?
I think this is the major problem... You actually do not have a clue if that guy you see with shield/sword is UA or MC and you do not have idea which deck you should use...
How you can fight someone when you will never know how he is able to hurt you? How you can prepare to fight him? Thats why we have zerg and ppls wanna just outnumber others, I think we could see a little more fights if it would be fixed...

What you guys think? What should be changed? Do you agree or not? Comment! Take care all, greetings!
Last edited by Banditen on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Banditen

Re: The Combat System / Decks issues

Postby Potjeh » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:39 pm

You can't actually do any damage with UA to someone in steel armor.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Banditen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:42 pm

Potjeh wrote:You can't actually do any damage with UA to someone in steel armor.

Ok, I maybe went too far with this... But you actually can do very strange thing... You have two hands, one with sword, second with a shield, and with "third hand" I guess you throw punches.
Banditen

Postby Asgaroth22 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:16 pm

Banditen wrote:Why UA actually have that many attacks while MC have only one "Chop"?

Nah
And there's also parry's counterattack.

If I would go only full MC which... I literally can't cuz its totally useless...

Like totally. Killing everything with 1 blow is totally. Useless.

Because I do not have others skills from MC deck to take their defence down...

That's why you have those UA moves.

That kinda makes MC useless in both PvE and PvP and UA overpowered in both..

But really, get yourself a sword.

Anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnqOMbF ... e=youtu.be

This kinda sums it up.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby Banditen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:46 pm

@Asgaroth22

I think I wrote kinda too much and you do not see the point I wanted to be noticed so I've cleared some in the main post but I will sum it up, problematic here is why the hell you can attack with punches while having a sword and shield and both of your hands are busy holding it...
This thing makes a lot of confusion. Why I am even able even to throw the punches, hooks in this scenario?
Banditen

Re: The Combat System

Postby mietzi94 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:18 pm

because you can punch in reallife as well while holding sword and shield you scum :D you never hold a sword or a shield? i agree they could add sth like a shield smash, wich breakes your own shield up and destroys 2 defenses of the opponent or sth like that. but you can definitly punch with a sword :D
Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
mietzi94

Return to Critique & Ideas