Firebrand idea

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Firebrand idea

Postby D00mHouse » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:58 pm

I believe the firebrand minimum burn duration should be increased so it's long enough that you can always light a fire if you are standing beside it while you craft a firebrand. I have had firebrands burn out 4 times in a row before I get to the 70% mark for lighting my fire. Or as an alternative maybe add a feature where you can add straw to a firepit to act as a firestarter, and then craft the firebrand into a firepit to guarantee you will ignite your firepit
D00mHouse

Re: Firebrand idea

Postby jorb » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:06 am

What would be the sadism in that? Where do I get my tears under this regime?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Neon14 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:07 am

jorb wrote:What would be the sadism in that? Where do I get my tears under this regime?

:lol:
BigStronk
Neon14

Postby Strandmullen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:21 am

Jorb confirmed evil.
Strandmullen

Postby Leafstab » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:34 am

jorb wrote:What would be the sadism in that? Where do I get my tears under this regime?

You need to add a frustration meter that goes up with activities like when you fish but get no fish/mine and get no ore and when firebrands burn out. The higher the meter the more likely more activities you do will fail and the more stamina activies will cost and it Will lower your agi but slightly increase str and you can rid of it by smoking/drinking tea/ sleeping in the amazing beds you give us
Also clothes could give you comfort values that make your frustration raise slower
¦]
Edit:taking dmg should also raise it and alchahol could lower it
Also you could add addictions that you get from smoking and drinking that raises frustration quickly when not sated
You get addictions at a very low chance and can be cured with special herbal remidies like
Rootfill
Last edited by Leafstab on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leafstab

Postby CapnCliff » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:41 am

have a random preset per character whether alchohol raises or lowers frustration.
CapnCliff

Postby D00mHouse » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:29 am

Well perhaps you could do this small favour for all us hearthlings but also demand that we all wear a necklace to our lord and saviour jorbtar. This necklace would resemble the lakes and clay fields of old haven, which had a peculiar resemblance to a penis. While wearing this necklace you suffer -10 to all base attributes and -20 to all combat abilities. But it can't be all bad. The necklace would provide immunity to invisible quick sand pits, which will otherwise force you to endure the slow but sure drowning of your precious little hearthlings.
All in all I think this is a fair trade off. :)
D00mHouse

Return to Critique & Ideas