Combat breakdown

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Combat breakdown

Postby maze » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:49 am

Combat breakdown
"T.U will work on combat breakdown & we will expanded on it"~ maze

-Move chart
-controls
-Current color metas
-Stats
-Group play
-Combat wish list

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Move Chart

Sword and shield= MC skills
Red ring= Damaging moves
Green ring= defense moves
Black zone= Utility moves
Yellow box= needed IP= (on hand) used

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current color metas
The current meta in any deck VS a raider will is Green attack and/or Red attack.
A typical deck is made of 5-7 cards. 8 cards is pushing it.

YELLOW & BLUE MOVES
Yellow & blue has no effect on a full geared players. most to all UA will do 0 dmg, being deflected off their armor, at most 4-10dmg to their armor from.
This leaves defence skills in Yellow and blue pretty much useless.
the only thing of use is steal the thunder whats mainly used to troll people. it will not stop a chop deck however, but will counter a red deck.

RED MOVES
You're left with Green and Red.
Red is deadly to any player whos not taken the time to explorer combat. be ready to die in one hit without a red defence.
this leave UA fighters needing 2 moves. Take Aim to gain initiative points and Yield Ground to defend them their selfs.

This is made worse from the fact that Parry, a green/blue defence. hits for red dmg.

Mc is given a free red defence~ Shield Up, this guards to 1 shots from red and also prevents parry move dmg.
Shield Up has a longer cooldown (0.4) but if you're fighting a player who uses Cleave (CD 0.8) this end up not mattering since putting Shield up~ is quicker. also to top it off

The times to worry about red is when a player uses Parry to bring down your Red defenses or knock its teeth out.
These decks are beaten by heavy green decks~

GREEN MOVES
Green decks are the most common to come by, Full green and Hybrid.

Fully geared players~ inorder to fight 1 on 1 and someone die, will need to use chop (or cleave)
This ends up common be a ~ punch, chop, quick dodge, shield, take aim for 5 card deck. parry and/or Feigned dodge for 6&7 card decks

the Hybrid: punch, cleave, quick dodge, shield, take aim for 5, parry for 6 cards.
final notes

What ends up happening is UA is forced to take Yield ground and Take Aim, regardless of the deck.
In a UA deck that needs to win~ UA needs to pick a MC move chop or Cleave. that beats down an MC's shield.

MC is forced to play in green & red land~ whats not a bad thing infact having more MC moves at the current time might make MC to powerful.

Controls
Im going to break down the controls for you :D
1, 2, 3 ,4 ,5

Ctrl+number = discard the card :shock: :o :!: :!:

Stats & qualities

Stats
Strength- Increases the damage of UA moves. each UA move has different scaling.

Agility- Agility effects the CD (cooldown) bar in combat. having more agility then your enemy makes your load bar faster then your enemys. having less will make your bar longer.

Constitution- Incesese your over all health

Charisma- has no effect on combat in its current state (unlike legacy haven)

qualities

Essence, Substance, Vitality

Armors- Deflect, absorb, wear
Weapons- ???, Damage, ???

knuckles- ???,???,???

Bear tooth talisman- ???,???,???

Its unknown what stats are effected by. theory is the average of all stats

Group Combat

Group combat nearly throws the hole fighting thing out the window, you end up having to use no skills in a 2+ v 1

to counter this kinda "no skill"~ "zerg mode" gameplay a few things need to be added (stances)

On top of not being able to switch targets easily cuz the UI is buggy/ does not work.

Combat wish list

2 things need to be added.

1st When the fight starts you should be able to pick you deck in 1sec CD.

2ed passive skill/ stance. each deck should have a stance.
Stances should range from defensive stance to utility stances.

Back against the wall-stance.
damage -90%, attack weight -50%, CD +50% faster, defense weight +75%

To be used when fighting 1v 2+

to glory-stance
After your first move gain 2 initiative

Berserker-stance
When lower then 30% hp. UA x2dmg. UA +20% weight.

Men at arms-stance
Start the battle with Shield Up

Defending Home-stance
When on your town claim or Pclaim. Def weight +20%, attack dmg +10%

You are my equal. (Edit: added ->) can only be used in spars
Defence weight, attack weight and speed become the same as attacker
Last edited by maze on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Re: Combat breakdown

Postby jorb » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:42 am

Thanks. Will definitely have a look at this.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Vigilance » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:08 am

That last stance is an awful idea, if I'm understanding this right.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby CloudJhi » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:02 am

Uh
Please elaborate on the last stance. Cause this sounds fairly neat but the last one is iffy at best. I wouldn't want a 1ua Rage alt to be my equal at any given moment.
W3 to W6 - Blockland. Special mentions: New Avalon, Tarn of Hotdog, Red October.
W7 - Elvenia, til we all got lazy.
W8 - Cult of R'lyeh, til the deeps called us back.
W9 - Tartarus, til death/wizards came for the land itself.
W10 - ???, ruined and forgotten.
CloudJhi

Postby mietzi94 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:21 pm

stances are a fucking great idea bro! Would make it way more interesting. Also a target quickswitch pls.. just give opponents numbers when you aggro them and some hotkeys so you can fast switch, right now group combot is just a huge mess.
Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
mietzi94

Postby maze » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:28 pm

Vigilance wrote:That last stance is an awful idea, if I'm understanding this right.

CloudJhi wrote:Uh
Please elaborate on the last stance. Cause this sounds fairly neat but the last one is iffy at best. I wouldn't want a 1ua Rage alt to be my equal at any given moment.

the last stance is iffy. and I do agree very over powered~ I mainly thought of it as
"if someone attacks a weaker player and the weaker player uses this stance they can be as strong as anyone so that they might have a fighting chance to defend themselves"
the attack weight might be a little silly however.

If anything it should be
You are my equal. can only be used in spars
Defence weight, attack weight, HP, and speed become equal to the player with the highest stat
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Neon14 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:35 pm

Or just decrease" it to a portion of that persons stats.
BigStronk
Neon14

Postby spawningmink » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:56 pm

mietzi94 wrote:stances are a fucking great idea bro! Would make it way more interesting. Also a target quickswitch pls.. just give opponents numbers when you aggro them and some hotkeys so you can fast switch, right now group combot is just a huge mess.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:00 pm

maze wrote:Strength- Increases the damage of UA moves. each UA move has different scaling.

Sword damage increases proportional to the 1/4 power of strength, btw.
edit: Is cleave actually implemented?
_Gunnar

Return to Critique & Ideas