Foragable eggs

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Foragable eggs

Postby Phizuol » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:45 pm

Just a pretty basic idea. Wild eggs that can be harvested and used in at least some of the egg recipes. Duck, chicken, etc on the ground or even eggs you grab out of trees. Another possibility is giving clovers to chickens. Thanks.
Phizuol

Re: Foragable eggs

Postby spectacle » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:04 pm

This would be a great feature, to let casuals who don't have the time to keep a chicken coop fed and watered get a taste of all the egg based recipes in the game.
Once a man has changed the relationship between himself and his environment, he cannot return to the blissful ignorance he left. Motion, of necessity, involves a change in perspective.
-Commissioner Pravin Lal, "A Social History of Planet"
spectacle

Postby jorb » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:08 pm

That'd be nice, yeah.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Teleskop » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:50 pm

or an option "pull the egg outta butthole" when we catch a hen
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby Drevar » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:56 am

When a chicken group spawns, also spawn 1 or 2 nests that can be foraged for eggs.
Drevar

Postby shubla » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:21 am

Im still waiting for forageable stones
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Drevar » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:01 pm

Haha, yeah. I find it hilarious you can walk over an entire mountain range and not a single pebble has been dislodged from them. Next world gen there should be hundreds if not thousands of boulders on and at the base of mountains.
Drevar

Postby shubla » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:02 pm

Drevar wrote:Haha, yeah. I find it hilarious you can walk over an entire mountain range and not a single pebble has been dislodged from them. Next world gen there should be hundreds if not thousands of boulders on and at the base of mountains.

Forageable stones would be way better idea. Starter area thing just doesnt work as people chop down trees and destroy stones. Many quit because they cant find single boulder to make stone axe.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Phizuol » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:05 pm

Legacy was nice when you could dig on mountains for infinite stone.
Phizuol

Postby Redlaw » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:12 pm

Why not leave it as a premium thing, only paying should be able to use eggs and all normally. Its just how the game should work.... think of it. I spent 2+ hours farming as an upaid and then spend the rest of the week taking care of my chickens. I have no time for anything else. If I cut the chickens out, it would mean what? Nothing, being a payed player needs to have its advantages. Why should nonpaying players get a taste of anything? Nonplaying players are the scum of the game past mass murders, why change it lol.

Edit: I am not saying this is a bad idea, in fact I would love the idea myself. But just pointing out the norm on how things normally feel online.
Redlaw

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas