Druidic Rite for farming is worthless.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Druidic Rite for farming is worthless.

Postby CaptainMidget » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:55 am

jorb wrote:Not sure. Kind of generally deliberating on how farming qualities should work.

If you could keep us updated in the new patch of what you're thinking about how qualities should work, that'd be great.
CaptainMidget

Postby bdew » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:01 am

CaptainMidget wrote:
Leafstab wrote:One of our farmers who has one field of carrots is constantly getting like 5 different q changes even though he mass plants them all together? This shit makes no sense to me everyone i go everyone's complaining they cant get enough changes and in my village everyone's complaining they are getting too many :x

Either hes planting in a super-long row or hes got multiple qualities of said crop before he plants.

I have 2 carrot fields, 13x10 each, for feeding cattle.

I harvest them at stage 3/4 (so i get seeds as opposed to carrots).

I always plant them at once and using the same seed qualities (from 2 buckets) and usually end up with 4-5 different qualities.
bdew

Postby CaptainMidget » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:04 am

bdew wrote:
CaptainMidget wrote:
Leafstab wrote:One of our farmers who has one field of carrots is constantly getting like 5 different q changes even though he mass plants them all together? This shit makes no sense to me everyone i go everyone's complaining they cant get enough changes and in my village everyone's complaining they are getting too many :x

Either hes planting in a super-long row or hes got multiple qualities of said crop before he plants.

I have 2 carrot fields, 13x10 each.

I always plant them at once and using the same seed qualities (from 2 buckets) and usually end up with 4-5 different qualities.

It'll change regardless of how you plant them because its a certain number of tiles away from the first one. Say is you plant 5x5 carrots around the first carrot planted, they'd be all the same quality. But if it required 5 tiles distance to change qualities (which it doesnt, its a higher number) then you'll get a lot of different qualities out of the 13x10 fields. (This makes a lot more sense in my head, if you understand what im trying to say then you are a genius)
CaptainMidget

Postby snuby » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:14 am

bdew wrote:Either hes planting in a super-long row or hes got multiple qualities of said crop before he plants.

I have 2 carrot fields, 13x10 each, for feeding cattle.

I harvest them at stage 3/4 (so i get seeds as opposed to carrots).

I think the modifier changes every 5 minutes, so if you take too long to harvest/plant the whole field that might explain it.
Last edited by snuby on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
snuby

Postby CaptainMidget » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:23 am

snuby wrote:I think the modifier changes every 5 minutes, so if you take too long to harvest/plant the whole field that might explain it.

5 minutes? 5 hours isnt it?
CaptainMidget

Postby snuby » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:34 am

CaptainMidget wrote:
snuby wrote:I think the modifier changes every 5 minutes, so if you take too long to harvest/plant the whole field that might explain it.

5 minutes? 5 hours isnt it?

Try inspecting the plant every 5 minutes.
snuby

Postby bdew » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:36 am

I do all the planting at once, basically select both fields and go afk. It takes a few minutes which i guess combined with distance (like 30 tiles from one side to the other) is enough to produce 4-5 different quality combinations (all +/- 1 in different stas from each other).
bdew

Postby Peonaz3 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:08 am

Common, one extra seed is important. 7% increase of production, which is noticeable at least.
Peonaz3

Postby Archiplex » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:51 pm

When will cows poo on our crops to raise their quality in relation to quality of the cows?
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby pedorlee » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:04 pm

_Gunnar wrote:You get druid helm though... makes it all worthwhile :p

Well, if its true that gold nuggets are found in the surface... 150k lp is a lot of lp...
pedorlee

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas