Druidic Rite for farming is worthless.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Druidic Rite for farming is worthless.

Postby molenga » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:12 pm

CaptainMidget wrote:Druidic Rite for farming is absolutely fucking useless. All it does it give you an extra seed to make it 15 seeds and a guaranteed third crop from crops that don't give seeds.

By the time you save up the LP to buy Druidic Rite, you are more then setup with enough crops and seeds to make the extra 1 seed and guaranteed extra crop negligible.

Can we please change it so it gives us a better chance at getting positive quality values on our crops? I've test planted my Onions 12 times, Once in each corner of the village and the greatest outcome I got was +2 vit. 5 hours and 5 minutes later.. test planted again, greatest outcome was +1vit. 5 hours later, again, test plated and +1 vit.

There seems to be a certain distance required from an initial plant to get a different result in quality, which was met.

So, can we please change Druidic Rite to let us have a higher chance at getting positive qualities?

Discuss.

I personally wouldn't mind them adding a new skill past Druidic Rite, one that costs 500k LP or 1000k LP that gives us an extra +2 to the original -2 +5 scheme. Thus, giving us more quality options when farming and a higher chance at getting a positive quality. -2 +7.

Well, giving it a higher chance at getting better quality would probrably mess up the game balance.

Maybe it could give you a higher chance at getting some curiosities while doing farming and working on silk? Maybe some new curios, or just itsy bitsy webs and spiders if not.
molenga

Postby CaptainMidget » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:12 pm

pedorlee wrote:
_Gunnar wrote:You get druid helm though... makes it all worthwhile :p

Well, if its true that gold nuggets are found in the surface... 150k lp is a lot of lp...

Found in boulders.
CaptainMidget

Postby pedorlee » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:21 pm

CaptainMidget wrote:
pedorlee wrote:
_Gunnar wrote:You get druid helm though... makes it all worthwhile :p

Well, if its true that gold nuggets are found in the surface... 150k lp is a lot of lp...

Found in boulders.

If this is true, the only thing that comes to my mind as a reason of this is to give the chance for the noobs to find it. I hope, anyways, that theyr spawn is randon. Because if its allways spawning in the same place nothing will be solved.
Do gold has quality or is it like in legacy?
pedorlee

Postby CaptainMidget » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:31 pm

pedorlee wrote:If this is true, the only thing that comes to my mind as a reason of this is to give the chance for the noobs to find it. I hope, anyways, that theyr spawn is randon. Because if its allways spawning in the same place nothing will be solved.

I literally just said its found in boulders. so "It is true". Boulder called Direvein, and there is another or 2 with different names. Boulders spawn in certain areas only.
CaptainMidget

Postby eolind » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:39 pm

I am fully satisfied by Driudic Rite and what it give for now

new farming skills? maybe, but let them open new items or abilities
improoving of chanses of getting highter quality with plants sounds pretty shitty for me

endless replanting of crops isn't looks like a game at all
I like the way the mining was changed and look forward to the future of farming in something like this
eolind

Postby pedorlee » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:48 pm

CaptainMidget wrote:
pedorlee wrote:If this is true, the only thing that comes to my mind as a reason of this is to give the chance for the noobs to find it. I hope, anyways, that theyr spawn is randon. Because if its allways spawning in the same place nothing will be solved.

I literally just said its found in boulders. so "It is true". Boulder called Direvein, and there is another or 2 with different names. Boulders spawn in certain areas only.

Sorry if you thought i was calling you a lier or something like this. To get an objective fact without reading the source font you need something similar to the peer system used in the cience méthod, wich implies more than 2 fonts IMHO. Sorry about that.
So, if those boulders appear in the surface and allways in the same places, this just mean a really small step if the devs intention was something like giving more chances to the noobs. If they spawn in the same area those places will be forsaken for the noobs once 1 month or so has passed since the release, leaving the original intention as a failure.
Unless gold has quality in this world, ofc.
Idk, my thoughts about the devs intentions goes throw balancing the game, wich could mean giving more chances to noobs by letting them acces to final game materials as gold. But that doesnt assure a thing because a noob isnt really meant to know wich ways to take to develop its industry or evolve, because they havent practiced nor learned enough.
Sorry for my english.
pedorlee

Postby Drevar » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:28 pm

I'd be fine with a skill that reduced or eliminated the negative moves, resulting in a range of 0 or -1 to +5. Hell even if it were split up into 3 different skills -one for each quality- it would be fine with me. I just want a bit more control.
Drevar

Postby Giggidy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:25 pm

What does it give for silk farming and tree farming? If it guarantees 15 seeds, 3 crops from beets/carrots/onions, 2 silk filaments per cocoon and a really good roll for tree survival it's probably worth it, it's just not worth it if you're only looking at it from farming crops.
Giggidy

Postby CaptainMidget » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:52 am

Giggidy wrote:What does it give for silk farming and tree farming? If it guarantees 15 seeds, 3 crops from beets/carrots/onions, 2 silk filaments per cocoon and a really good roll for tree survival it's probably worth it, it's just not worth it if you're only looking at it from farming crops.

Yes, it is not worth if you're looking at it only for farming crops. That was the intent on creating this critique and ideas. I dont deal with silk or trees, I deal with crops. It is legitimately useless once you can afford to buy it because by then you'd be set up and able to replenish your crop fields with ease. The extra seed or guaranteed third crop (Before I got 3 crops 4/5 times) is useless. Please change so it deals with the quality of the crops, so its actually useful.
CaptainMidget

Postby Giggidy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:27 am

CaptainMidget wrote:
Giggidy wrote:What does it give for silk farming and tree farming? If it guarantees 15 seeds, 3 crops from beets/carrots/onions, 2 silk filaments per cocoon and a really good roll for tree survival it's probably worth it, it's just not worth it if you're only looking at it from farming crops.

Yes, it is not worth if you're looking at it only for farming crops. That was the intent on creating this critique and ideas. I dont deal with silk or trees, I deal with crops. It is legitimately useless once you can afford to buy it because by then you'd be set up and able to replenish your crop fields with ease. The extra seed or guaranteed third crop (Before I got 3 crops 4/5 times) is useless. Please change so it deals with the quality of the crops, so its actually useful.

It is useful though, just not useful to you. Same way you wouldn't need to buy deep artifice if you're a field farmer, if you're not a silk farmer/tree farmer druidic rite doesn't really matter.
Giggidy

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas