purchasble hats

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

purchasble hats

Postby dantheman540 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:58 am

Would it be possible to have a second head slot exclusivly for purchased hats. The problem with the system atm is that we have to choose between looking cool/showing support for the game with purchased hats OR stat increases from in game hats. The increase in INT from fox hat ot STR from bear cape wins out over wearing an exclusive hat. I would personaly purchase more hats if you could keep bonuses from in game hats.
The way i imagine this working, is you equip the in game hat as you do now and recieve stat increase, but then you equip the purchased hat in a slot next to it, which is purley cosmetic, but changes the look of your character in the game world.
You would technicaly still have i.e. the fox hat on, but your character would appear to be wearing i.e. the witches hat.
dantheman540

Re: purchasble hats

Postby Teleskop » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:20 pm

Some people were disagreeing over that beacuse that would allow people to mask geat theyre wearing so it would be harder to tell if they are dangerous
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby shubla » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Teleskop wrote:Some people were disagreeing over that beacuse that would allow people to mask geat theyre wearing so it would be harder to tell if they are dangerous

Exactly, this is why we cant have nice things such as cosmetic slots for all clothes
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby slipper » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:28 pm

One solution for that is to make a cosmetic that only changes the look of one item in particular.
Like, spruce cap has a nice early +1 per, but doesn't look so good, so there's some potential to have a new cosmetic. :)
slipper

Postby Teleskop » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:36 pm

Or maybe make the armor unmaskable :shock:
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:19 pm

Yes, this is an issue, I don't have a solution but I wish one could be found, atm I love my witch hat and wear it more or less constantly but as you say, am now losing out on intelligence (actually that has just struck me as sort of appropriate, but nvm, lol) there should indeed be a way to wear your hats without losing bonuses from your normal geared set up.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby barra » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:29 pm

Teleskop wrote:Some people were disagreeing over that beacuse that would allow people to mask geat theyre wearing so it would be harder to tell if they are dangerous

Why is this bad? Bandits and criminals have hidden weapons and armor under other clothing for thousands of years. Would the chance of a dhelmer hidden under a pilgrim's hat suddenly change a game already full of suspicious people?
loftar wrote:You do appear to need a good trolling.
barra

Postby maze » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:25 pm

loftar said he like knowing the person profession by looking at their hat...

Tbh, they should put it toward a vote.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Return to Critique & Ideas