Quests, PvE Cities, Trading, Roads

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Quests, PvE Cities, Trading, Roads

Postby Lorefin » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:24 pm

Let's say there are few large safe zone cities around the map - with NPC traders, quests etc. connected with roads. Each city has a different price for items, for example one favores hunting stuff like leathers, second one contains farms, third one lies in the mountains and has cheaper iron. You can buy in one place and sell it in another. You can set a caravan (wagon) for larger trading that can be attacked by other people during the journey. So you hire people in city to protect your caravan against bandits and reward them if it's succesful. This involves some PvP and PvE combined.
There are battlegrounds between factions every week/month for each city to capture and own it, get rewards from taxes and stuff. You can register your faction for it.

Also some NPC quests - NPC caravans to protect and raid

Would like haven & hearth like this ? It would increase player base to 1K IMO because people would enjoy different styles of playing and play the game more
Lorefin

Re: Quests, PvE Cities, Trading, Roads

Postby Teleskop » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:36 pm

It would render half of current mechanics useless but i would love to see a big ass city where adventurers from all around the world meet :roll:
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby spectacle » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:44 pm

Teleskop wrote:It would render half of current mechanics useless but i would love to see a big ass city where adventurers from all around the world meet :roll:

Yes! And that city should be named Constantinople and have been built entirely by players. The only NPC this game needs is the wizard in the character generation. :)
Once a man has changed the relationship between himself and his environment, he cannot return to the blissful ignorance he left. Motion, of necessity, involves a change in perspective.
-Commissioner Pravin Lal, "A Social History of Planet"
spectacle

Postby Teleskop » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:53 pm

spectacle wrote:
Teleskop wrote:It would render half of current mechanics useless but i would love to see a big ass city where adventurers from all around the world meet :roll:

Yes! And that city should be named Constantinople and have been built entirely by players. The only NPC this game needs is the wizard in the character generation. :)

That would require new community :|
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby Sevenless » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:17 pm

spectacle wrote:

Utterly impossible under current mechanics. Key note on the current.

The game needs a lot more hardcoded methods to interact with and control people before something like that could become fully feasible. Renting stalls, renting property, some kind of non-player defense that fully 100% can enforce these and other required laws. Also needs to somehow be siegable, meaning those defenses have to have siege or raid specific weaknesses that can't be exploited in an everyday manner.

The list goes on, but Jorb did mention they're interested in the concept as well. Hopefully they come up with some neat tools for us to use.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Vigilance » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:24 am

Teleskop wrote:
spectacle wrote:Yes! And that city should be named Constantinople and have been built entirely by players. The only NPC this game needs is the wizard in the character generation. :)

That would require new community :|

That would require old community, actually.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Return to Critique & Ideas