Horse Hitching

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Horse Hitching

Postby loftar » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:17 am

Sevenless wrote:since everyone more or less agrees that would be a horrible thing for combat balance.

Not that I doubt this, but if you could please detail the specifics of how horses are broken in combat, that would be helpful.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jordancoles » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:45 am

loftar wrote:
Sevenless wrote:since everyone more or less agrees that would be a horrible thing for combat balance.

Not that I doubt this, but if you could please detail the specifics of how horses are broken in combat, that would be helpful.

jordancoles wrote:So we should probably talk about horse combat and how OP it is, I guess

1) If you are on a horse you can attack other people, but the person on the ground can not attack you back
2) You can take horses with you while traveling along crossroads
3) Horses have a ridiculous hitbox that stops other animals from being able to hit you from the front or the back
4) If you are attacked by 2 people on horseback, you are forced to agro one of their horses (at least) before you are able to fight back against that person. After doing this, the fight becomes a 3v1. If the person who lost their horse is smart, they could then fall back and let their horse do the work for them while their other friend (who cannot be attacked on horseback but can fight you while you're on foot) runs up and continues to fight.
You then either agro the 2nd horse and tank 2 horses and 2 people, or you die.

Horses are OP af pls fix

Also

jordancoles wrote:Any group that's actually prepared will have multiple horses, as we've already seen

The horse will be constantly draining your defences because they move fast as fuck and there's plenty of time for anyone to catch up

People aren't animals with stupid AI they can just run around the horse to get easy chops in
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby rye130 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:07 am

I think the main thing is that horses tamed by a flower need to flee instead of fight when aggroed.
rye130

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas