Curiousity Alter

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Curiousity Alter

Postby overtyped » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:41 am

Considering that all the clients now have autostudy, and relies on you keeping your pc on overnight or at work to gain a GIANT edge (Which I do)
Why not skip all that and make a curiosity alter? This alter would be the same size as a cupboard and can only store curios. It will transfer curios from the cupboard into your study, when a curio finishes. This way, you wont need to be logged in 24-7 and you can still keep up with the Joneses(me).
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Re: Curiousity Alter

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:33 am

same tbh
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=43276
DDDsDD999

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:36 am

As the other end of the coin (the more casual guy that doesn't use auto-study) I like that idea... BUT I think that (unfortunately) having to be online for the auto-study to work might be an... encouragement for Subscription sells... so I don't think they'd change that.

Unless the altar itself can only be used if you have an active sub - or it could like remove 5 minutes from your account every time it "adds" another curio, or something like that.
That would be a nice way to give all the people that can't leave the game online 24-7 some chance. I think it is only fair, just like seeing players on the minimap - something that they can't avoid custom clients doing it so it should be added to Vanilla to make it more fair for new players/&tc :)
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby overtyped » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:29 am

DaniAngione wrote:As the other end of the coin (the more casual guy that doesn't use auto-study) I like that idea... BUT I think that (unfortunately) having to be online for the auto-study to work might be an... encouragement for Subscription sells... so I don't think they'd change that.

Unless the altar itself can only be used if you have an active sub - or it could like remove 5 minutes from your account every time it "adds" another curio, or something like that.
That would be a nice way to give all the people that can't leave the game online 24-7 some chance. I think it is only fair, just like seeing players on the minimap - something that they can't avoid custom clients doing it so it should be added to Vanilla to make it more fair for new players/&tc :)

You have some good ideas.
I dont really think loftar can compete with some of these custom clients, so i doubt he will try.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby jorb » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:07 am

I want to rework the system to be less sensitive to this, rather.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Granger » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:05 am

jorb wrote:I want to rework the system to be less sensitive to this, rather.

That would be good from an environmental standpoint, running machines just to feed curios seems counterproductive given global warning.

While at it please fix tanning tubs, in case they're still only working while the area is loaded.
(sorry in case I might have missed a changelog regarding this)
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby barra » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:15 am

Wasn't this effect apparent from the first design of the curio system, years ago? I always assumed it was intentional. More time playing = more reward. I don't like afking in front of a cupboard, but I didn't enjoy those all day boat safaris either.
loftar wrote:You do appear to need a good trolling.
barra

Postby jorb » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:18 am

barra wrote:

Wasn't this effect apparent from the first design of the curio system, years ago? I always assumed it was intentional. More time playing = more reward. I don't like afking in front of a cupboard, but I didn't enjoy those all day boat safaris either.

I think we underestimated how big of a deal it was.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby ekzarh » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:23 pm

Satiation and gluttony for curios?
It may be even harsher here - studying a curio gives 10% penalty on next curio of the same kind. Cumulatively. Studying another curio reduces penalty for all other kind by 1%. So using all possible curios will become way more efficient than spamming mirkwoods.

24/7 studying 4 same kinds of curios. 90% of time studying 2 more same kinds. Boring.

P.s. Also, craftable curios which I can produce like hundred of each in 2-3 hours are way more effective than spiders,webs,embers,dark hearts, woodshavings which are supposed to be fate and unique.
ekzarh

Postby Haba » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:52 pm

ekzarh wrote:Satiation and gluttony for curios?
It may be even harsher here - studying a curio gives 10% penalty on next curio of the same kind. Cumulatively. Studying another curio reduces penalty for all other kind by 1%.

Yeah sure, lets make curios even more of a pain to juggle. I have full study of curios constantly going poof, interrupting me actually playing the game. We need less time spent switching curios, not more.
Haba

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas