Please increase farming stockpile size to 56

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Please increase farming stockpile size to 56

Postby Tacheron » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:24 pm

Please make the farming produce (carrots, beets etc.) stockpiles bigger. Ideally 56, so we can put a full inventory (2 tsacks and merch robe) of produce into one stockpile and continue collecting the vegetables from the floor. Would help a lot, especially since wheelbarrows can now take entire stockpiles and put them into troughs.

I'd go as far as saying that 56 would be an ideal number for all stockpiles, but I do enjoy bigger soil stockpiles, so I won't :D
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Re: Please increase farming stockpile size to 56

Postby Redlaw » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:06 am

why should they, maby they should make them less? they do seem fine to me a they are, thw wheel barrel change I might not feel for a month or so (vs much longer). But so what i spend 10_ hours making food off them stock piles as they are, no worries. relax, feel the chill of the game man. ts either that or threw enough cahs at the devs they cant ignore you, good luck at that hehe.
Redlaw

Postby ApocalypsePlease » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:11 am

I think this is reasonable, maybe 56 is too much but more than 35 wouldn't hurt :)

Redlaw wrote:why should they, maby they should make them less? they do seem fine to me a they are, thw wheel barrel change I might not feel for a month or so (vs much longer). But so what i spend 10_ hours making food off them stock piles as they are, no worries. relax, feel the chill of the game man. ts either that or threw enough cahs at the devs they cant ignore you, good luck at that hehe.

I can't find a point to your post
Inactive
ApocalypsePlease

Postby Tacheron » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:07 am

ApocalypsePlease wrote:
Redlaw wrote:why should they, maby they should make them less? they do seem fine to me a they are, thw wheel barrel change I might not feel for a month or so (vs much longer). But so what i spend 10_ hours making food off them stock piles as they are, no worries. relax, feel the chill of the game man. ts either that or threw enough cahs at the devs they cant ignore you, good luck at that hehe.

I can't find a point to your post

Probably post count increase...
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby sabinati » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:24 am

why not 70? dream big, OP
sabinati

Postby Glorthan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:41 am

ApocalypsePlease wrote:I can't find a point to your post

The point? P2P whine. Literally 90+% of their posts make equally little sense and are chock-a-block full of it, although granted it's a little more restrained in this one.

Redlaw wrote:But so what i spend 10_ hours making food

Subtle complaint about gametime, this poster constantly complains about weekly free hours being inadequate. Excusable on it's own perhaps.
Redlaw wrote:...threw enough cahs (cash) at the devs they cant ignore you

Strong undercurrent of "devs have sold out" or similar.
Glorthan

Postby CaptainMidget » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:48 am

Glorthan wrote:
ApocalypsePlease wrote:I can't find a point to your post

The point? P2P whine. Literally 90+% of their posts make equally little sense and are chock-a-block full of it, although granted it's a little more restrained in this one.

Redlaw wrote:But so what i spend 10_ hours making food

Subtle complaint about gametime, this poster constantly complains about weekly free hours being inadequate. Excusable on it's own perhaps.
Redlaw wrote:...threw enough cahs (cash) at the devs they cant ignore you

Strong undercurrent of "devs have sold out" or similar.

Whilst Redlaw is very annoying, the current farm stockpiles for some items seem rather low when others seem exceptionally high. We can stockpile only but 35 beets/carrots etc, which we obviously get a lot of, compared to straw which is at 250 that you only get 1 per tile of.

What im trying to say is, stockpiling food items that you get 3xTile worth is 35 whilst Non-food items @ 1xTile is 250. Maybe something the devs can contemplate on. Maybe a very small buff would be quite nice, if anything.
CaptainMidget

Postby Asgaroth22 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:55 am

CaptainMidget wrote:Whilst Redlaw is very annoying, the current farm stockpiles for some items seem rather low when others seem exceptionally high. We can stockpile only but 35 beets/carrots etc, which we obviously get a lot of, compared to straw which is at 250 that you only get 1 per tile of.

What im trying to say is, stockpiling food items that you get 3xTile worth is 35 whilst Non-food items @ 1xTile is 250. Maybe something the devs can contemplate on. Maybe a very small buff would be quite nice, if anything.

Now they're going to reduce all stockpiles' capacity to 10. Thanks.

Anyway, I don't think stockpiles are supposed to displace regular containers. They're very useful for leaves and straw, for the rest I prefer to use containers, as I can see the quality then.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby Tacheron » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:47 pm

I am trying to minimize the amount of pointless clicking. I mean - I AM going to empty my entire inventory into a stockpile and then use a wheelbarrow to put said stockpile into a trough. What's the point in making me click twice? A cupboard would still be preferable for storage and I'd still have to use a few for sorting out the quality with big fields.
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby Drevar » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:07 am

What's more, you can use the quality sorting feature on custom clients to pull high, or pull low first from containers..rather than play stack games with stockpiles trying to get to the quality items you know are at the bottom of the damned pile.
Drevar

Return to Critique & Ideas