Charisma

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Charisma

Postby pedorlee » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:14 pm

Make it useful pls.
Everytime I log on my main is crying on a corner because he has 43 damn char points. I dont even know how this happened.
pedorlee

Re: Charisma

Postby Leon232 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:41 am

go flirt with the lady hearthlings; except they probably are higher than that by now....cha food is super easy to come by its annoying
Leon232

Postby molenga » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Agreed, it is pretty lame to have such a useless atribute in the game, expecially when so many fishes give cha FEP´s, it is just pretty dumb and makes eating any fish that gives those FEP´s a bad idea, out of the simple risk of getting a point in charisma and wasting your hunger bar, symbel items and food. :(
molenga

Postby Sevenless » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:52 pm

There's been talk about further formalizing via game mechanics alliances or some such between villages. As well as setting up some sort of method for players to have "open" cities safely.

I'm kinda hoping when those new mechanics come in, CHA will get to shine.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby molenga » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:55 pm

Sevenless wrote:There's been talk about further formalizing via game mechanics alliances or some such between villages. As well as setting up some sort of method for players to have "open" cities safely.

Well, in the mean time it could be used for something else, like a curio? just something to make it not so useless while these much bigger and complex features don´t come along.
molenga

Postby Sevenless » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:00 pm

molenga wrote:
Sevenless wrote:There's been talk about further formalizing via game mechanics alliances or some such between villages. As well as setting up some sort of method for players to have "open" cities safely.

Well, in the mean time it could be used for something else, like a curio? just something to make it not so useless while these much bigger and complex features don´t come along.

It's already used to determine the amount of authority you generate for a village when you study curios.

I'd rather it be completely useless until it gets a proper system depending on it. Otherwise having one curio wouldn't be worth raising charisma for still.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby vatas » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:09 pm

One solution would be addition of some kind of "morale" system. Basically in addition to hit points you can run out of "Morale" causing your character to flee uncontrollably. The more charisma you have, your pool of morale points is higher and your moves reducing morale of enemies and/or boosting that of allies are stronger.

I assume people have long wanted bearable banners. If integrated to morale system they would also have practical purpose.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby venatorvenator » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:20 pm

A set of actions with charisma as weigth. They could include buffing other villagers attributes, giving penalties to others, scaring animals, increasing fate curio chances, and similar stuff. It could also be combined with musical instruments.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby molenga » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:14 am

Sevenless wrote:
molenga wrote:

It's already used to determine the amount of authority you generate for a village when you study curios.

I'd rather it be completely useless until it gets a proper system depending on it. Otherwise having one curio wouldn't be worth raising charisma for still.

That depends on the curio doesn´t it? :roll:

Also, there could be more than one new curio using it, not like we don´t need or want new curios to be introduced in the game, right?
molenga

Return to Critique & Ideas