Possible teleport idea

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Possible teleport idea

Postby spawningmink » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:37 pm

Maybe make it so people are able to teleport between towns like they were in haven but have agility implemented in it, destroying the hf would have no effect in allowing you to teleport. It is simply if you have enough agility to teleport you can.
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Re: Possible teleport idea

Postby Redlaw » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:39 pm

So some sort of teleportation pad? I am not fond of this idea, makes trading to easy. Plus all the killing ect... that come with that.
Redlaw

Postby spawningmink » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:42 pm

Redlaw wrote:So some sort of teleportation pad? I am not fond of this idea, makes trading to easy. Plus all the killing ect... that come with that.

Not a pad, just being able to oath from towns, maybe make it so you can only teleport once every 3 hours or something
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby AAlex » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:45 pm

Doesn't this basically undo all the changes done to the OP village teleports from previous worlds? No thanks, Road sign system isn't perfect but it's better than the old one.
AAlex

Postby Sevenless » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:04 pm

Redlaw wrote:makes trading to easy.

I miss trading. No comment on the teleport idea, I just miss trading.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby spawningmink » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:05 pm

Sevenless wrote:
Redlaw wrote:makes trading to easy.

I miss trading. No comment on the teleport idea, I just miss trading.

same here

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby sabinati » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:45 pm

build roads
sabinati

Postby Sevenless » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:51 pm

sabinati wrote:build roads

Roads will never ever match the level of trading we had in the last few previous worlds (I don't know what it was like before W5). It'll be better than it is, barter stands would be super useful too. But it just won't be what it was. And for me trading was a huge part of the game. It was effectively my profession. It'd be like if they took mining out of the game, how would miners feel?

Right now trading isn't "trading", it's 95% or more just walking. But there's a fairly active push to keep things this way. A) no teleportation is important for other game aspects B) Some people like having incentives to not kill their neighbours.

I will wait, and be sad while I wait I guess. If the devs come up with a more formalized interaction hardcoded enabling open cities, or some form of feudalism, option B might change enabling some trading options (like long distance mail) to become viable.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby venatorvenator » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:32 pm

Trade has nothing to do with teleportation, this suggestion was clearly made with other motives in mind.

Trade could be done by adding a compartment feature to v idols, and setting a destination for the items placed there.
Or by birds as two different threads already suggested.
Or by right-clikcing items on one end of a road, and getting those items from the other end.

There are plenty of viable options for the devs to choose and reinstating idol port shouldn't even be considered.

So many of you seem to want this game to roll back to w7 with all the suggestions to reimplement broken combat, teleportation, inheritance, hs spawn, tanning bug, and "convenient mechanics" of the same sort. There should be a forum rule for this right along the "don't ask for resets": do not ask for reimplementation of abandoned features.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby Sevenless » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:40 pm

venatorvenator wrote:Trade has nothing to do with teleportation, this suggestion was clearly made with other motives in mind.

Trade could be done by adding a compartment feature to v idols, and setting a destination for the items placed there.
Or by birds as two different threads already suggested.
Or by right-clikcing items on one end of a road, and getting those items from the other end.

There are plenty of viable options for the devs to choose and reinstating idol port shouldn't even be considered.

This is exactly what I meant though, it does not satisfy category B of arguments against global trade. Having a reason not to murder your neighbours is indeed good for the longevity of Haven as a game and that world in particular as well.

I did mention that I wasn't pushing for teleportation changes, perhaps my problem was being off topic in this thread. Let people have their whine, if they prefer previous systems over current ones it's good to at least discuss why. The tanning bug situation for example actually has a point about leather and palisades for beginners, suggesting that some alternative might be worth looking into. Not the tanning bug, but some intended mechanic to make leather not require hide to sit vulnerably on a claim for 12+24 hours.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas