New Tin Soldier Based Curio

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

New Tin Soldier Based Curio

Postby Fierce_Deity » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:26 am

I created a tin soldier the other day and was a little disappointed by the lp it gave. So I thought of a fun way to improve them. I'd like to see some sort of interaction between tin soldiers dropped on the ground. Two tin soldiers on the ground will battle each other to the death. This could be an actual battle with combat moves, or a mock battle. Either way the victor would turn into a new curiosity like Tin Veteran or something along the lines of Tin Captain or Tin Colonel. The tin soldier that loses will become one tin nugget, or maybe a "Fallen Tin Soldier" which would show a tin soldier without some limbs and be a terrible curio. The quality of the tin soldier should affect their agility, health, and ua. So a higher q soldier is more likely to win against a lower one. The new curio could have a base lp of 3k or something else thats not too insane. Opinions? It would be cool to see more interactions in the game like this.
Fierce_Deity

Re: New Tin Soldier Based Curio

Postby overtyped » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:33 am

Fierce_Deity wrote:I created a tin soldier the other day and was a little disappointed by the lp it gave. So I thought of a fun way to improve them. I'd like to see some sort of interaction between tin soldiers dropped on the ground. Two tin soldiers on the ground will battle each other to the death. This could be an actual battle with combat moves, or a mock battle. Either way the victor would turn into a new curiosity like Tin Veteran or something along the lines of Tin Captain or Tin Colonel. The tin soldier that loses will become one tin nugget, or maybe a "Fallen Tin Soldier" which would show a tin soldier without some limbs and be a terrible curio. The quality of the tin soldier should affect their agility, health, and ua. So a higher q soldier is more likely to win against a lower one. The new curio could have a base lp of 3k or something else thats not too insane. Opinions? It would be cool to see more interactions in the game like this.

Read the patch my good sir. Ore and black coal is now all Q100-150 on layer 5. Tin soldiers are now a excellent curio :)
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby Fierce_Deity » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:36 am

I prefer to pretend that ore did not just do that.
Fierce_Deity

Postby overtyped » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:38 am

Fierce_Deity wrote:I prefer to pretend that ore did not just do that.

You aren't ores real dad. Ore is a grown up, he does what he wants and don't listen to nobody.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby DaniAngione » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:06 am

... they are metal toys, not pit fighting robots :P

I mean, it's odd... at least for me this sounds a bit off :P
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:24 pm

However, I could requiring an additional 8 copper and 8 iron nuggets for a different recipe to make a 'hardened soldiers' (Bronze and Iron)
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Return to Critique & Ideas