smelting anvil

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: smelting anvil

Postby Granger » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:09 pm

Vigilance wrote:i don't see how that makes sense, granger. if a number is halved, how does it raise?

Example:
Have object with at least two different materials. Put in one with easy obtainable high quality, (200) the other with hard to raise low quality (10). Result quality is 105. Then deconstruct to get q 52 of other type.

I'm extremely confident that it would not take long to identify buildables that could be abused for such transformations, should only the resulting quality of the whole object be used to determine quality of returned items.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Vigilance » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:14 pm

but if its a generic that you get from breaking such structures (ie: tarnished) and you use 4 bronze bars and 1 iron bar of q400 (complete BS numbers) and you break it to get tarnished metals back, you don't benefit from getting enhanced bronze?

one of us must be understanding this wrong
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby sabinati » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:47 pm

if there was some generic "scrap metal" and "scrap hard metal" items that could be used only for generic "common metal" and "hard metal" requirements I don't see how there could be any exploit to that. you could probably do it for precious metals as well, e.g. melt down some rings back into nuggets, but meh. scrapping should really only apply to metal items and should only yield metal.
sabinati

Postby Vigilance » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:52 pm

melting down gold and silver rings should absolutely be a feature, especially now that we have pebbles as a sub division of nuggets (only for gold though, pls change)
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Granger » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:00 am

Vigilance wrote:but if its a generic that you get from breaking such structures (ie: tarnished) and you use 4 bronze bars and 1 iron bar of q400 (complete BS numbers) and you break it to get tarnished metals back, you don't benefit from getting enhanced bronze?

one of us must be understanding this wrong

My comment was on the post from endiron, i understood it to not only affect metal.

In that context: as long as you are able to create new stuff that has a quality from materials gained through deconstruction, my point stands - the game has to track quality per material type or it will be exploited.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby endiron » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:13 am

Granger wrote:
Vigilance wrote:i don't see how that makes sense, granger. if a number is halved, how does it raise?

Example:
Have object with at least two different materials. Put in one with easy obtainable high quality, (200) the other with hard to raise low quality (10). Result quality is 105. Then deconstruct to get q 52 of other type.

I'm extremely confident that it would not take long to identify buildables that could be abused for such transformations, should only the resulting quality of the whole object be used to determine quality of returned items.

Very fair point Granger, hadn't considered that extreme of an example, but given how quality can go up in lategame, this is viable.

Maybe save the average of specific input type qualities, it's less complexity & saving individual qualities (like in a Hall or something with hundreds of inputs & qualities).

This would mean that instead of hundreds of qualities being saved you would just have something like

(cabin for example)

Block Input Average = 18
Plank Input Average = 12
Bough Input Average = 10

Would result in Battered Blocks of q 9, Planks of q 6, and Boughs of q 5, instead of the average bumping up Bough quality for example.
endiron

Location: Sipping from a coconut with a little umbrella while the hole in my palisade is breached

Postby BlackKopcap » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:29 am

Not only anvil, but any metal instrument must be able to refine. cause old instruments fucking waste of free place in cupboard, and absolutly useless.
BlackKopcap

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas